Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
AWS Compute Worldwide Specialist Organization (WWSO) is seeking an accomplished Go-to-Market leader deeply familiar with Compute services, who has overachieved throughout their career and built strong, deep relationships with Enterprise customers and/or Startup customers in Japan. The successful candidate will be a broad leader part market maker, part operator and part general manager. This leader will build a strategy focused on winning new customer segments and growing existing customer segments for the long term. As a self-starter willing to operate in a multifaceted way, you should also have experience in market development of cloud infrastructure and/or enterprise applications. The right candidate must possess top of the line leadership skills with the ability to execute on key business initiatives. The role will require working with the overall ecosystem to help secure lighthouse customers, drive top-line revenue for new services, and develop strategic partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to own the global go-to-market definition and execution of AWS's strategy for Compute Services.
Your responsibilities will include defining strategic workloads to drive the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners. You will build a high-performing team of global business development experts. You will also develop mechanisms to establish new business in target market segments and enable the global field organization to drive the day-to-day interactions that identify prospects for long-term business opportunities. You will focus on incubating new AWS Compute Services, scaling existing AWS services, delivering workload/solution specific domain expertise to the broader field organization, and developing repeatable, packaged solutions to solve customer challenges. As the voice of the customer, you'll work closely with product teams to help them evolve the products and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field. To be successful, you will need to analyze and determine key customer insights from business drivers, market trends and customer feedback, and operating metrics.
• 6+ years of experience in a senior leadership role in Business Planning, Operations, Strategy, Finance, Business Development, or other related fields
• Experience hiring and managing high-performing teams
• 10+ years leading strategic Go To Market and Product activities for related subjects and business customers
• Solid enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Fluency in both Japanese and English
• 10+ years of experience in a senior leadership role in Sales Operations, Sales Strategy, Finance, Business Development, or other related fields
• Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial
• Strong business-process design experience
• Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
• Experience rapidly growing an organization and attracting, hiring and maintaining top talent
• Experience leading the development of department strategy
• Deep experience in prioritization of deliverables and tasks
• Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
• Strong problem solving and collaboration skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status