IT Technical Lead
Amazon's Client Support Services group is looking for a best-in-class Technical Lead to support the expansion of the Amazon Global IT Remote Support. You will lead a team of highly skilled technical support specialists that supports all Amazonians, as well as building close relationships and partnerships with your team and service owners, aligning the teams goals with the goals set by Amazon leadership.
You will work closely with Technical Support Management teams, including Sr. Managers and Directors of Technical Support, VP of Global Support Services, Engineering, Corporate Systems teams to ensure that Amazon IT is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Other duties include:
- Leading and mentoring managers and Support Engineers to ensure outstanding technical support and customer experience.
- Interfacing with Amazonians directly on critical escalations and call resolution.
- Managing and developing support teams, including hiring, professional development and proactive project work.
- Designing, developing, and implementing processes to support and enhance the technical support function, including workflow and incident management.
- Developing and implementing practices that measure the effectiveness and performance of the Technical Support function.
- Leading and/or being involved in Global IT Strategic Initiatives.
- Working with Amazon Global IT teams to implement formal feedback mechanisms for incidents, causes, and resolutions.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes the ability to explain technical terminology to non-technical end users.
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed
- Must possess a keen attention to detail
- Technical support Lead or Management experience, including management of remote support groups and 24X7 support operations.
- Expertise in developing and driving metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization.
- Degree or equivalent technical experience, MBA a significant plus
Experience in both small and large companies is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or service providers is desirable.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, demonstrated success in prior leadership roles.
- Familiarity and prior experience in pure IT Helpdesk projects and Organizations.
Ideally you will be degree educated in Information Technology or related field and hold professional qualifications relating to Microsoft, Linux, and/or Cisco.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top