IT Support Engineer- Transitioning Military
At Amazon, we are excited to offer veterans the opportunity to launch into big post-military careers with limitless possibilities. We know that transitioning from the Armed Forces can be a stressful and sometimes daunting task. Studies show that veterans leave their first post-transition jobs at higher rates than their civilian counterparts. As such, searching for that post-transition role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
- Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff's 2015 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
- Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
- Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
This posted job is for transitioning military service members, veterans, and military spouses.
Amazon's IT Support Services group is looking for best-in-class client-side support engineers. They will provide quality technical support to internal customers through all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity.
The successful IT Support Engineer will be customer focused and motivated by both individual and team successes. They will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while handling a high volume of requests and ambiguity. They will have a keen eye for recognizing inefficiency and show strong initiative to simplify processes for their customers. They will be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision.
- To provide technical support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance. Escalating where required.
- To create, write, review and raise the bar with regards to standards and the corresponding documentation.
- To mentor and guide other IT peers across the globe at all levels, raising the bar both in the technical and non-technical aspects of the role.
- Basic project management including acting as a single point of contact for projects. Provide technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives, including prioritization of workloads to ensure project delivery.
- To act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
Amazon is not an average retailer, we think big. We'll give you the opportunity to really make a difference for our business. We're looking for an exceptional professional with outstanding technical skills who has what it takes to make us the place for people to come to find anything they might want to buy online, with the opportunity to fulfill the Amazon motto "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."
This role is located in many cities across the U.S.:
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
Palo Alto, CA
Jersey City, NJ
- 3+ Years of hands-on experience across a wide range of IT technologies.
- Strong experience in Windows, Linux, or Macintosh operating systems. Prefer at least 2 of the 3.
- Ability to identify and find a resolution for hardware issues on laptop and desktop hardware. Including hard drive, memory, motherboard, power supply and other hardware issues.
- Networking knowledge, including LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, TFTP, and other core internet technologies and services including VPN and Firewalls.
- Familiarity with Telecom technologies such as VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies.
- Robust troubleshooting and analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Proven ability to operate in high pressure environments while successfully handling multiple competing priorities. Must also maintain a high level of discipline, flexibility, and professionalism.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, project management, and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels and (both technical and non-technical) in different situations.
- These roles are for transitioning military/veteran/military spouse
- 5+ Years of hands-on experience across a wide range of IT technologies.
- Scripting experience to automate processes using Bash, Perl, PowerShell, Python, or other programming languages.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, LDAP, Print Servers, SharePoint, Casper, SCCM.
- Hold professional technical certifications relating to Linux, Cisco, Microsoft, or others.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top