IT Support Engineer I
- Sydney, Australia
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Amazon has an immediate opening for an IT Support Engineer in Sydney, Australia.
IT Support Engineers are Amazon's front line when it comes to hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting. The position supports corporate employees in a variety of roles, from software developers to sales associates. Support Engineers provide hands-on support for client hardware and software on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. They also support networking and local server resources for their site. They are the face of IT for their local customers; they serve as the liaison between site leadership and IT engineering teams. Regular activities include troubleshooting client operating systems, PC imaging and repair, network troubleshooting, project management, mentorship of junior technicians, systems administration, telecom administration, and hardware procurement.
Support Engineers must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. This position is part of a virtual team providing remote and in-person support to offices outside Amazon's Seattle headquarters. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy with minimal supervision is required.
- Provide written and phone support to English speaking customers
• 4+ years hands-on IT/Technical Support experience
• Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10 and Macintosh OS 10.7 or later
• Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment
• Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
• Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
• Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
• May require lifting or carrying desktop computers up to 25lbs
• Some on call responsibilities are required
• Some exposure with Linux or Unix
• Occasional out of office hours required for urgent requests - Weekend, Evenings or Nights.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field
• Industry training such as Microsoft MCSE, MCITP
• Experience with Cisco IOS (CLI) or Cisco certification
• Advanced Linux systems administration skills / certification
• Experience with scripting, programming, or SQL
• Experience with project management
• Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
• Experience with server administration (Windows or Linux)
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top