IT Support Engineer I
- Austin, TX
About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon's business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership for what we do - whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them.
About The Role
The OpsTech IT Centralized team provides world-class remote IT technical services & support to Amazon's World Wide Fulfillment Operations teams on a 24x7 basis from regions around the globe. Members of the OpsTech IT Centralized team solve a wide variety of IT issues and are the first point of escalation for our customers to resolve issues in an expeditious manner. Team members in North America, typically work on 4 day, 10 hour per day shifts.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait there's more: we don't wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Network engineering and troubleshooting, data cabling and systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments.
• Ensure infrastructure networking and computing systems remain available during production hours.
• Interact with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
• Manage local technical projects.
• Maintain or create policies, procedures, and processes.
• Identify root-causes of operational issues and process inefficiencies.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• 2+ Years of experience in one or more of the following: Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration, or MAC OSX Support.
• 2+ Years of help desk or remote troubleshooting in a multi-user enterprise environment.
• 2+ Years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, and deployment.
• 2+ Years or experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP.
• 1+ Years working with limited supervision in a customer service role.
• Must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field.
• Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
• Cisco CCENT certification
• Data center infrastructure and facilities experience
• Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
• Ability to manage high priority projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
• Ability to travel up to 25%
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top