IT Support Engineer
- Świebodzin, Poland
Please note that we're providing a relocation package for any candidate living 80 km away from the fulfillment center.
At Amazon, we strive to be earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is we've only just begun.
Amazon, has an immediate opening for an IT Engineer in one of our Fulfilment Centres. Fulfilment Centres handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors, and ships them across the globe each day. The successful candidate will 'know how things work' in his/her areas of responsibility and keep changes under control. You will build and operate infrastructure environments and will provide critical input to ensure that the platform is designed with operability in mind. You will make sure that all work around infrastructure moves forward successfully. As no two days are the same in Amazon you will thrive on changes and embrace ambiguity.
Since we believe that diversity improves teams, we are looking for people of different gender and age and with different background and experience.
Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making History.
What makes this team a great place to work?
• Day 1 opportunity You will be joining a team that is responsible to what happens after the customer clicks "buy".
• Opportunities for growth - You will have the opportunity to manage build & deploy projects, involved in the pre-delivery of the environment and ensure that continuous improvement and innovation is at the forefront of what we do.
• Scale New Heights- With the fast pace growth of our fulfilment network, you will be working on challenging and complex problems to help us scale and grow the service to meet our customer demands.
What does an IT Support Engineer do?
• Implement technical solutions and provide high quality support for computer hardware, operating systems, or enterprise application software;
• Decide when it is appropriate to deviate from a standard practice to accomplish a desired result;
• Able to evaluate issues based on the severity, the time which is available and the volume of other expected work to meet SLAs (Service-level Agreement);
• Works on small IT Support projects, defining requirements and managing execution;
• Interacts with, and may influence, other teams as customers of Engineer work or as partners to meet goals;
• Asks the right questions and being able to understand why a decision was made, drive a constructive technical discussion;
• Identify root causes of operational issues and participate in continuous improvement efforts to eliminate process inefficiencies;
• Assists in new site deployments;
• Continuously learns to code and may be automating tasks or modifying small tools;
• Participates in hiring efforts and help train/mentor coworkers.
• You provide advanced leadership capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, ability to think critically and quickly
• You are dominant in complex problems solving in a fast-paced Information Technology environment
• You are willing to learn how to identify problems and work backwards to solve them by understanding root causes, proposing possible options, making recommendations, and implementing solutions
• You are able to demonstrate project management capability, produce reports covering metrics and work performed
• You have experience with IT support by implementing proven techniques that both resolve issues and increase customer satisfaction
• You have wide understanding in the foundations of networking (commonly used network devices, such as NICs, hubs, switches, and routers)
• You have good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audience
• You have curious mind-set that always question: what we can do better.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• 2+ years IT systems or relevant experience
• Industry certifications such as Cisco (CCNA, CCNP), CompTIA (A+, Linux+, Network+), Juniper, AWS
• Linux command line using the Bash shell, understanding of volumes and partitions, RAID, and Linux file systems
• Fundamentals of network routing - virtual local area network (VLAN), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), relay agent, point-to-point serial link, dynamic routing protocols, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol, TCP/IP
• Experience with Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN / Wi-Fi)
• Wide area networks (WANs) foundations
• Basic understanding of server architecture (Windows Server, Linux Server)
• Basics of IoT device management
• Incident Management - High Severity events handling
• Experience with the Correction of Errors (COE) process to improve the overall quality of the systems
• Experience in deployment and ability to work with 3rd party vendors
• Some proficiency with at least one programming/scripting languages
Please note you are not required to meet all of the above-mentioned expectations, any combination is welcome! (The more the better, of course).
In addition we expect fluency in English and Polish, open mind, willingness to learn new skills and respect for the team spirit.
Valid driving license and flexibility to work and travel outside of your designated location.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top