Amazon is seeking an IT Hardware Sourcing Program Manager for the AWS Technology Sourcing and Infrastructure Team (TSI). This role requires the ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships with key internal stakeholders to define requirements, identify critical hardware suppliers and negotiate advantageous contractual terms for Amazon. This individual will also coordinate with various Technical Program Managers across multiple regions to create and execute sourcing strategies and contracts globally.
The role includes driving cost savings, analyzing data, optimizing processes, mitigating risk, non-technical hardware product qualification and managing key sourcing projects within AWS IT Services. You will run negotiations with strategic suppliers; manage RFx's and vendor business reviews. You will scrutinize supplier-pricing structure, quotes and resolve anomalies. Also, manage day-to-day supplier operational issues and meet project deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of relevant Technology sourcing/procurement experience, especially IT hardware in a multinational corporation
- In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement processes (sourcing, contracting, negotiation etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving skills
- 8-10 years of relevant Technology sourcing/procurement experience, especially IT hardware in a multinational corporation
- MBA or Master's Degree
- Experience in Project/Program Management
- Knowledge of various IT-Hardware technology (Networking, Switching, and Wireless) is a plus
- Knowledge of contract terms and conditions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret financial data and apply to decision making