IT Services Engineer
- Redmond, WA
Amazon's IT Services Support is the first point of contact for technical support service requests. Our IT Support Technician spends their day fielding incoming support chats, calls and online requests on behalf of Amazon Corporate and its subsidiary employees worldwide.
The successful IT Support Technician will be customer focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of productivity while maintaining quality support.
• Provides comprehensive technical support to Amazon Corporate employees worldwide.
• Research, resolve, and respond to inquiries received via web chat, telephone calls, email, ticketing system, all in a timely manner, in accordance with team standards.
• Diagnose and troubleshoots end user computing problems including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
• Creates and submits detailed call logs documenting customer interactions that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
• Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
• Manage a case count between 15-25 tickets.
• Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
• Assists with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
• Provide on call support for Sev1 and Sev2 incidents
• Handle escalations from Level 1 support
• Follow, update and create standard operating procedures (SOP) to improve the teams' Knowledge management.
• Assist with technical projects
• Associate in Computer Science or related field or experience equivalent.
• 2+ years of experience in technical help-desk or desk-side support environment
• Must have knowledge in Microsoft Windows 10 and additionally one or more of the following: Mac OS X, Linux.
• Strong verbal and written skills proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Display a commitment to quality and strong multi-tasking skills
• Adherence to shift schedules and timeliness are key requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field.
• Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
• Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
• Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
• Advanced Linux systems administration skills
• ITIL Foundation Certification
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top