IT Project Manager
- Seoul, South Korea
About the Role
Amazon.co.jp is seeking an IT Project Manager to support projects and initiatives for DSF(Delivery and Specialty Fulfillment, which are mainly delivery station and outside warehouse), reporting to the IT manager. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking to move into a specific technical career. You will have the opportunity to expand your technical abilities and be trained to take responsibility for support the management of the Japan DSF project portfolio.
The IT project manager at Japan OpsTechIT will support the planning and execution of various IT infrastructure projects for Amazon JP. Focus on deployment of IT infrastructure and equipment in prior to the end of hardware life cycle, also expansion of IT equipment to support company growth as well as seasonal retail peaks during the year-end holidays and mid-year Prime day sales. The IT project manager drives project scheduling, budgeting, hardware localization and deployment.
This position is expected to work with internal local departments, local OpsTechIT at DSF, and global PMO cross functional peer groups to guide the success of projects that support company growth. The role requires not only effective project management skills, but also communication skills to get OpsTechIT team members belonging to different teams and reporting lines to work together.
We are looking for a well-organized person who will proactively look for ways to contribute to Amazon, both in portfolio management and virtual support, primarily in Japan, but also worldwide.
• 20% Project Portfolio Management
• 80% Project Execution as member of various projects
■ IT Department: https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?node=5609902051
■ Interview Article from a current employee： https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?node=5653624051
■ Meguro Office (HQ): https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?node=5589794051
■ Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/passivesmoking (Japanese only)
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience managing large global IT projects from initiation to closure.
• Experience with core IT infrastructure components and service concepts.
• Experience managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others and problem solving.
• Business Level English Skills (TOEIC 750 or above)
• Business-level Japanese skills (Japanese proficiency exam 1-kyu or equivalent)
• Ability to travel up to 5% within the region
• Master's Degree from an accredited university
• PMP Certification
• Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies
• Experience with procurement of IT equipment
• Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management
• Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment
• Experience in distribution, manufacturing, logistics, or other warehouse environments
• Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and SharePoint
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Fluent in Japanese and English
Back to top