IT Program Manager
- London, United Kingdom
The Global IT Product certification programs organization manages the IT Infrastructure scope of a complex suite of projects and is responsible for the delivery of initiatives across business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers' orders. This includes management of technology projects and initiatives across the globe which directly supports shipping packages to millions of Amazon.com customers across the world.
As an IT Program Manager for certification programs, you will own a variety of IT infrastructure products with significant scope and impact supporting several different areas of the business. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver value to the customer, meeting the scope, budget and timeline of the effort. Stakeholders will be in disparate geographic locations, and require strong communication skills to coordinate requirements from customers within teams across your region. You will focus on product certification and testing efforts within the organization, working directly with customers and business stakeholders to analyze requirements, organize reviews with internal teams and stakeholders, coordinate testing efforts, collect issues and risks and manage timelines to completion. You will also be responsible for governance and reporting as it relates to your region.
• Deliver IT product certifications handling it technically and do maintain the project/program end to end, including scope, timelines, beta hardware procurement, test resource allocation, test plan preparation, test cases and collecting test feedback, testing, and issue and risk analysis, coordinating remote work closely with teams.
• Provide end to end product certification management and direction to ensure the request has clear scope, timelines and escalation paths.
• Manage product field issues working with engineering.
• Influence customers, vendors, external partners, and engineering team priorities.
• Works with customers and engineering to define/clarify features, roadmap priority, customer experience (CX), user experience (UX), compliance, accessibility, and other requirements.
• Handles complex product or solution field readiness testing and various customer use case scenarios.
• Drives feature discussions with customers, engineers, and others (e.g., legal, finance). Produces clear, concise documents.
• Work with stakeholders on forecasting, supply chain catalog changes, product catalog updates, part code creation internally, update of standard bill of material.
• Work with stakeholders to update central documentation like policies, standard operating procedure, training & development
• Understands technologies within product area. Can articulate technology requirements for a feature/API (e.g., performance, latency). Asks the right technical questions; can identify risks in technology design choices.
• Optimizes roadmap intake (e.g., features, bugs, etc.) Connects engineering to end-user/customer experience.
• Act as an escalation point for the requesting team and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans and path to green throughout the life of the request.
• Own updates and documentation regarding process standards to ensure appropriate standards are met and the correct process is followed widely.
• Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify issues, and devising contingency plans.
• Identify and manage product dependencies with real-time milestone, task and product health data for all your requests.
• Provide frequent follow up and governance for all requests in queue and facilitate formal reviews with support partners and monitor deliverables until agreed upon handover is achieved.
• Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successful implementation.
• Identify opportunities to streamline, share best practices with your peers and leaders and implement continuous improvement actions on a regular basis.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
• Two years. Engineering / solution development and/or IT product testing experience
• Experience with core IT infrastructure components and service concepts
• Ability to travel as per test requirements (20% ~ 40%)
• Experience managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others and problem solving.
• 5+ years of experience managing IT products from initiation to closure
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management
• Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies
• Experience with procurement of IT equipment
• Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment
• Experience in distribution, manufacturing, logistics, or other warehouse environments
• Master's Degree from an accredited university
• Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and SharePoint
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top