IT Portfolio Manager
- London, United Kingdom
IT Portfolio Manager
The Global IT Deployment organization manages the IT Infrastructure scope of a complex suite of projects. It is responsible for the delivery of initiatives across business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers' orders. These projects include the management of site launches across the globe that has a direct impact on the ability to ship packages to millions of Amazon.com customers across the world.
As an IT Portfolio Manager, you will lead a team of Program Managers with a variety of projects with significant scope and impact supporting several different areas of the business. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver value to the customer, meeting the scope, budget, and timeline of the effort. Programs will be in disparate geographic locations and require strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across your portfolio. You will focus on developing a team delivering the design, procurement, deployment, and life-cycle of IT infrastructure and equipment.
** This position can be based in UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain or Luxembourg
• Hire, train, and develop a team of IT Program Managers.
• Measure, monitor, and maintain the team's ability to meet or exceed KPI's.
• Develop and manage IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, capacity planning, resource allocation, and project execution.
• Provide project management and direction to ensure the project team has a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities they will undertake within the project team.
• Act as an escalation point for the project team and project stakeholders.
• Maintain knowledge regarding hardware and equipment standards to ensure appropriate equipment orders are procured.
• Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify risks & issues, and devising contingency plans.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
• Track and communicate project milestones, deliverables and risks.
• Daily collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
• Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
• 5+ years of experience developing a team of technical professionals across multiple locations.
• Seven + years of experience managing IT projects from initiation to closure.
• Understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or equivalent.
• Project management training, PMP or Prince2 certification or equivalent.
• Ability to travel frequently within region and Internationally (25% )
• Fluent in English
• Exemplary communication skills, managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
• Experience with procurement of IT equipment
• Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
• Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across organizational structures and multiple management levels.
• Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments, and levels, and serve as a role model for teamwork.
• Site launch experience of IT infrastructure (WLAN, LAN, end user equipment) in retail, distribution, logistics or similar.
• Experience with procurement of IT equipment.
• Knowledge of any regional and European languages
Applications with English CV only please
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV, covering letter (both written in English) and certificates (school, university), stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top