IT Manager (m/f)
- Richmond, United Kingdom
At Amazon, we strive to be earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is we've only just begun.
Amazon, has an immediate opening for an IT Manager in one of our Fulfilment Centres. Fulfilment Centres throughout the UK handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors, and ships them across the globe each day. The successful candidate must have demonstrable leadership skills in a fast-paced environment. She/he will coordinate training, manage resources, and direct the efforts of a world class staff. Candidate must be forward thinking, and not afraid to bring disruptive concepts to the table, with a high degree of customer service focus and excellent communication skills. Amazon IT Managers are expected to have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making History.
What makes this team a great place to work?
• Day 1 opportunity - You will be joining a team that is responsible to what happens after the customer clicks "buy".
• Opportunities for growth and leadership - You will have the opportunity to work with senior leaders as well as influence and shape the direction of our services.
• Scale New Heights- With the fast pace growth of our fulfilment network, you will be working on challenging and complex problems to help us scale and grow the service to meet our customer demands.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Bachelor degree or equivalent professional or military experience
• Good project management experience
• Good appreciation of infrastructure components
What will YOU bring?
• High degree of ownership in all matters within the IT infrastructure but not limited to.
• Experience managing teams in a complex and thriving IT environment
• A new and curious mind-set, always looking for changes to improve the status quo no matter how stable it may be.
• Proven skills in leadership development and team building
• A new approach to IT management with a start-up mind-set where digital and efficiency comes first
• Proven ability to lead and inspire the team to deliver on complex tasks
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audience
Demonstrated problem solving ability
• Good understanding of Infrastructure and its components.
• Exemplary communication skills, managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
• Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across organizational structures and multiple management levels.
• Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments, and levels, and serve as a role model for teamwork.
• Strong analytical skills with a progressive flair for problem solving and a tactful ability to operate autonomously in most situations, to successfully handle multiple conflicting priorities,
• Attention-to-detail: you're conscientious in developing clear and concise documentation,
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top