- Osaka, Japan
About the Role
You will be leading a team of IT professionals with various skill sets to provide world-class technical support to Amazon's Operations team who fulfill our customer promises millions of times a day. The technology varies between our different facilities, but Amazon's core IT infrastructure is fully redundant and relies upon top tier vendor hardware networked over fiber optic, copper, and wireless topologies. Your internal customers, whether human, robotic, or mechanical, use mobile computing devices, thin clients, integrated computer, and PCs running Windows, Linux, and Android operating systems to virtually and physically move ecommerce items from our suppliers into our fulfillment centers shelves, from those shelves into packaging, those packages into cars, trucks, and airplanes for delivery to front doors around the world. Key responsibilities include:
• Hire, train, and develop a team of IT professionals.
• Support all safety programs and local Safety and Health act compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
• Interact with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
• Establish and maintain a positive, productive relationship with operational leadership and staff.
• Lead infrastructure builds in new facilities.
• Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day technical support activities, including troubleshooting, customer service issues, approvals, and installations.
• Measure, monitor, and maintain team's ability to meet or exceed contact and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and processes.
• Oversee management of equipment and parts inventory.
• Create, manage, and support recognition and communication programs.
• Travel up to 60%.
More information as below link:
■ IT Division: https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?node=5609902051
■ Meguro Office: https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?node=5589794051
■Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/passivesmoking (Japanese only)
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 5+ years of experience developing a team of technical professionals across multiple locations.
• Experience working with stakeholders to communicate issues while balancing business expectations.
• Leadership experience in a 24x7 operation supporting physical IT infrastructure (compute, network, storage).
• Experience working with network architecture and client server technology.
• Business Level English Skills (TOEIC 750 or above).
• Business-level Japanese skills (Japanese proficiency exam 1-kyu or equivalent).
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or Technical discipline.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced IT environment and capable of motivating teams
• Experienced in making data-driven decisions.
• Established time management skills with the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience in procurement, budgeting, forecasting, and asset management.
• Proven skills in leadership development and team building.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Business Level English Skills (TOEIC 850 or above).
*The salary information will be provided individually prior to the 1st interview.
Back to top