IT Engineering Lead
- Galanta, Slovakia
At Amazon, we strive to be earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is we've only just begun.
As IT Engineering Lead, you will use your technical knowledge, expertise, professional intuition and specialized project management skills to run Engineering Hub, virtual engineering team across CEE region, that is focused on operational and technical excellence, technical accountability for managing day to day IT operations, high severity issues, preventive maintenance and seamless IT services for customer. This team is going to provide improvements, innovations, simplifications and automation to all our processes, technology and structure.
You are required to have strong technical, analytical and communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across the region and engage stakeholders to deliver results as an Engineering Leader. You will actively expand your scope of knowledge by learning about new technologies and operational challenges to support the organization.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help found and shape the direction of automation and operational excellence within one of the world's largest fulfillment networks.
• You are interested in being part of a team that works in a highly adoptable and demanding environment.
• Solving problems at scale excites you.
• You are constantly looking to learn new technologies and are not afraid to work outside your comfort zone to get things done.
• You do not implement specs from analysts and architects - you talk to customers and design solutions to their problems. You automate and innovate.
• You do not push just one technology agenda - you choose the best tool for the problem at hand.
• You think outside the box but you are deep in the details - for you, a problem is never as small as it seems but never as complicated either. You enjoy working in a flexible, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
• You understand the needs of Operations organizations and you aim to reduce operational burden.
• You relish working with other Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
What makes this team a great place to work?
• Day 1 opportunity - You will be joining a team that is responsible to what happens after the customer clicks "buy".
• Opportunities for growth - You will have the opportunity to manage build & deploy projects, solutions, involved in the pre-delivery of the environment and ensure that continuous improvement and innovation is at the forefront of what we do.
• Scale New Heights - With the fast pace growth of our fulfillment network, you will be working on challenging and complex problems to help us scale and grow the service to meet our customer demands.
• Responsibility for defining and driving functional/business goals
• High degree of ownership in all matters within the IT infrastructure but not limited to.
• Leadership in driving: incident reduction, innovation and automation in collaboration with other teams, simplification in processes, activities and standards, the ownership for handling and deep diving of high severity incidents, strong engagement with Operations and ensure we keep the customer obsession and working backwards in mind when delivering IT services (relevance and appreciation of impact).
• Building a data oriented culture, adoption of technology solutions and process improvements to achieve business and strategic goals.
• Being a leader for other engineers and ensure that career path and knowledge sharing is embedded in ways of working, also providing coaching and developing other engineers.
• Identify, develop, manage, and execute analysis to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations with specific focus on automation, simplification and scaling.
• Standardization and best practice global sharing.
• Plan, project and drive selected pilots and hardware/software improvements roll-outs.
Basic qualifications • BSc or MSc on Engineering based discipline (specialization on automation, continuous process improvement or manufacturing, project/program management).
• 5+ years demonstrated strong track record of team leadership or technical roles within an Operations, Manufacturing or IT function.
• Experience of complex operational processes and continuous performance improvement initiatives.
• Understanding of server and networking infrastructure and system integration.
• Experience across the full project lifecycle (analysis, design and implementation).
• Basic knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies.
• Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills and the ability to evaluate complex processes.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Fluent Polish English.
• Ability to travel up to 30%.
• Experience influencing cross-functional teams to deliver worldwide changes.
Back to top