IT Deployment Sr Program Manager
- Osaka, Japan
IT Deployment Program Manager
The Global Ops Tech IT Deployment organization manages a complex suite of projects and programs and is responsible for strategic initiatives that cross business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers' orders. This includes management of site launches across the globe and directly supports shipping packages to millions of Amazon.com customers across the world.
As an IT Deployment Senior Program Manager, you will lead a variety of projects with significant scope and impact supporting several different areas of the business. In this role, you will work closely with various stakeholders to deliver value to the customer, meeting the scope, budget and timeline of the effort. Projects will be in disparate geographic locations, and require strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across EU and the globe. You will coordinate with IT management in the development of technology products, service standards and other efforts that enable operations. As a single point of contact for the project team, you will be responsible for end-to-end project management.
• Develop and manage IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, capacity planning, resource allocation, and project execution.
• Provide project management and direction to ensure the project team has a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities they will undertake within the project team.
• Act as an escalation point for the project team and project stakeholders.
• Maintain knowledge regarding hardware and equipment standards to ensure appropriate equipment orders are procured.
• Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify risks & issues, and devising contingency plans.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using the CA PPM tool.
• Track and communicate project milestones, deliverables and risks.
• Provide on-site monitoring and enforcement of installation schedules and vendor quality, inspect prospective and completed facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures, and ensure proper follow-up.
• Facilitate formal turn-over with onsite team, support partners and monitor deliverables until agreed upon launch/project milestone is achieved.
• Daily collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
• Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
• Seven + years of experience managing IT projects from initiation to closure.
• Understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or equivalent.
• Project management training, PMP or Prince2 certification or equivalent.
• Ability to travel frequently within region and Internationally (25% )
• Fluent in English
• Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies.
• Exemplary communication skills, managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
• Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across organizational structures and multiple management levels.
• Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments, and levels, and serve as a role model for teamwork.
• Site launch experience of IT infrastructure (WLAN, LAN, end user equipment) in retail, distribution, logistics or similar.
• Experience with procurement of IT equipment.
• Knowledge of any regional and European languages
Applications with English CV only please
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV, covering letter (both written in English) and certificates (school, university), stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
If you need us to make any adjustments throughout the recruitment process due to a disability (including, but not limited to neurodiverse or mental health conditions), or any other health issue please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top