IT Deployment Program Manager
- London, United Kingdom
The Global IT Deployment organization manages the IT Infrastructure scope of a complex suite of projects and is responsible for the delivery of initiatives across business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers' orders. This includes management of site launches across the globe and directly supports shipping packages to millions of Amazon.com customers across the world.
As an IT Deployment Program Manager, you will lead a variety of projects with significant scope and impact supporting several different areas of the business. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver value to the customer, meeting the scope, budget and timeline of the effort. Projects will be in disparate geographic locations, and require strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across your region. You will focus on delivering the design, procurement, deployment, and lifecycle of IT infrastructure and equipment. As a single point of contact for the project team, you will be responsible for end-to-end project management.
• Develop and manage IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, hardware procurement, resource allocation, and project execution coordinating remote work closely with field teams.
• Provide project management and direction to ensure the project team has a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities they will undertake within the project team.
• Act as an escalation point for the project team and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans and path to green throughout the project.
• Own updates and knowledge documentation regarding hardware and equipment standards to ensure appropriate hardware standards are met and the correct equipment procured.
• Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify issues, and devising contingency plans.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths and with maintaining accurate project plans with real-time milestone, task and project health data for all your projects in the PPM tool.
• Provide frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of installation schedules and vendor quality, inspect prospective and completed facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures, and ensure proper follow-up.
• Facilitate formal turn-over with onsite team, support partners and monitor deliverables until agreed upon launch/project milestone is achieved.
• Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
• Identify opportunities to streamline deployments, share best practices with your peers and leaders and implement continuous improvement actions on a regular basis.
• Five+ years of experience managing IT projects from initiation to closure.
• Understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or equivalent.
• Project management training, PMP or Prince2 certification or equivalent.
• Ability to travel frequently within region and Internationally (25% )
• Fluent in English
• Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies.
• Exemplary communication skills, managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
• Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across organizational structures and multiple management levels.
• Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments, and levels, and serve as a role model for teamwork.
• Site launch experience of IT infrastructure (WLAN, LAN, end user equipment) in retail, distribution, logistics or similar.
• Experience with procurement of IT equipment.
• Knowledge of any regional and European languages
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
If you need us to make any adjustments throughout the recruitment process due to a disability (including, but not limited to neurodiverse or mental health conditions), or any other health issue please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top