IT Application Engineering Manager - FinTech
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about simplifying complex problems? Do you like finding patterns and inventing new ways to push the boundaries? Interested in building high-performance, globally scalable systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Interested in building and operating the next generation of systems to automate and optimize critical financial processes? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon's FinTech is an organization where people, technology, passion and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. Technology solutions and services that we own and build impacts Amazon in all verticals including merger and expansions, operational excellence, compliance with rules and regulations.
We are looking for an experienced IT Application Manager for Amazon's Close System Team. The team is responsible for building new automations and enhancing the existing enterprise management system to solve complex business problems that are currently manual and are mission critical to ensure accurate financial reporting. The systems we own are responsible for trillions of financial events, payments and receivable flows that would rank among the largest countries in the world by GDP. We own scaling, automation, and reconciliation initiatives of the financial close. We provide tools and automation for Amazon to report consolidated and local statutory financials to the CFO, Board of Directors and externally.
As an IT Application Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of functional analysts, technical program managers, and application as well as data engineers to create and operate finance systems that support Amazon's global footprint. We are looking for a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. Above all else, the successful candidate will be a passionate builder of talent and teams. As a leader, you will drive architectural and design choices, invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a scalable, service-oriented platform for our teams. You will own the goals and roadmap of your team, along with the strategic direction of your software and shape of your organization. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves.
• Experience with Oracle E-Biz Suite upgrade to R12.2+ is an advantage
• A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Exposure to very large databases and knowledge in OLAP (Online Application Processing).
• Experience in financial applications.
• Experience prioritizing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines
• Robust fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and problem solving
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Experience in Project Accounting.
• Understanding of Big Data technologies and solutions in AWS.
• Interest in Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics.
• • Experience in communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to about requirements, product features and technical designs
• • Proven track record of leading software projects and influencing engineering best practices within the team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top