Are you passionate about building software in New Zealand and selling it globally?
We are looking for an experienced hunter to work with New Zealand Software companies with B2B software solutions who haven't started their relationship with AWS. AWS is the leading platform for software companies to build their SaaS solutions on and serve customers globally.
These customers typically have a large estates of software deployed on their customer's premises or have software deployed in traditional data centers. You will understand that the transition from a business licencing software to running a SaaS company is firstly a business transformation challenge and then a technology challenge.
You will have a proven track record of prospecting and selling into business stakeholders CEO down and building strategic relationships. You will also be able to hold your own with the CTO and technology leadership earning their trust by understanding their challenges and pulling together the right technical team to deliver for them.
You have an appreciation of software modernization of legacy applications possibly having worked in a services business doing application modernization in the past. This will allow you to act as a thought leader for your customers.
This role is part of the wider AWS SaaS team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Build and lead the SaaS new customer acquisition plan with the Head of SaaS
• Work with SaaS Marketing Team to ensure good lead flow
• Prospect into target organisations to identify new opportunities
• Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS
• When appropriate, work with partners to manage joint selling opportunities
• Build and lead pursuit teams for larger opportunities
• Ensure initial commitments to the customer are met
• Transition to Account Management team once relationship reaches maturity
• Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology or technical services deals (ideally with ISV or Startup customers)
• Extensive quota carrying technology or technical services sales experience
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Previous Cloud expertise at a technology company
• Experience doing business in markets outside of New Zealand.
• Product Management
• Channel Sales and Go to Market Planning