IoT Solutions Architect- HCLS - Lab Instrumentation & Automation
Do you want to be part of a team focused on connecting laboratory instrumentation and systems used in the Genomics industry to the cloud? Do you like helping industry partners solve tough technical problems? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand application architectures and integration approaches? Do you have experience developing solutions for connecting lab instrumentation and automation to computing services? AWS is looking for a Solution Architect who understands laboratory instrumentation systems and automation processes, and is passionate about connecting those systems to the cloud.
Your responsibilities will include working with industry partners to connect and manage laboratory instrumentation and systems and implementing solutions optimized for the AWS platform. You will work to define and drive a data management strategy for these industry solutions and share developments with the wider Solution Architect community. You will also work closely with AWS product and service teams to help enhance the AWS offering.
The successful candidate will have a background building and managing laboratory instrumentation and laboratory management services with specific experience in genomic sequencing labs. They should have a demonstrated background in software development and/or operations and possess excellent communication skills.
- Provide architectural guidance and recommendations to partners developing solutions connecting laboratory management and automation systems to AWS
- Help define and drive the strategy to manage complete life-cycle data generated by laboratory instrumentation
- Drive enhancements to the AWS platform based on solution partner feedback
- Assist solution providers with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offering on the AWS platform. Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community
- Evangelize AWS services and solutions to the wider partner community
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- The successful candidate will have spent 5+ years deploying laboratory instrumentation and related systems for genetics/genomics (sequencers, chip scanners, microarrays, etc)
or proteomics (mass specrometry) or high throughput screening
- Experience with IoT, laboratory automation system development and deployment
- Experience with scheduling software for automated laboratory systems and laboratory information management software (LIMS)
- Experience with common laboratory standards and practices
- Experience managing the data output of laboratory systems and related analysis
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies required. Advanced Degree a plus
- Strong technical architecture, design, deployment and operational level knowledge of integrating laboratory platforms, standards, protocols and instrumentation
- Strong written communication skills. Experience writing and publishing technical whitepapers or guides desirable
- Knowledge of GLP, CLIA and HIPAA regulations governing handling and testing of patient samples in a clinical lab
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Professional experience in software development with C, C++, Java, Python
- Experience with manufacturing automation, GMP systems and exposure to Industry 3.0/4.0
- Experience with data modeling and analytics
- Experience working with RESTful API and genera Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
Experience with AWS services highly desirable
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top