Amazon is looking for an iOS Software Engineer to join the Amazon Care team. We are a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining a focus on delivering results.
As an iOS Software Engineer, you will be working with the team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborating with cross-functional teams. We are looking for an engineer with expertise in modern iOS application development and a passion for building pixel-perfect user experiences. An ideal candidate will partner with senior engineers to design and build new features that are built to delight customers and utilize iOS best practices. You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards. You build prototypes to explore options and drive to the best solution with a close design, product, and engineering partnership.
• Partner with senior engineers, designers and product teams in order to design and build new features.
• Design new secure, and reliable features that drive real-time data, video, and audio solutions.
• Utilize modern iOS development design patterns.
• Code defensively against a large variety of operating systems and devices.
• Build pixel-perfect user experiences.
• Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
• Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire iOS team for development.
• Engage with the iOS development community across Amazon and Seattle to share learnings and grow.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years of software experience
• Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
• A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms, data structures, multi-threading and applications
• Bachelors or advanced degree in a relevant field
• Experience in Swift, and/or Objective-C
• Proficiency with architecture of mobile applications
• A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
• Firm understanding of software development principles
Additional Locations Include: Austin, TX; Vancouver B.C; Arlington, VA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.