iOS Software Development Engineer
- Austin, TX
Are you looking to apply your mobile development skills to problems on a global scale while impacting millions of users on a daily basis? Are you interested in developing technology that will help Amazon deliver packages worldwide efficiently and quickly?
Amazon Flex is the system that collaborates with crowd-sourced and third-party delivery partners to complete deliveries for many of Amazon's programs. Our mobile application works in concert with our advanced logistics systems and predictive analytics. These technologies allow delivery partners to on-board, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and be guided through their deliveries with in-app mapping, navigation, and much more. Our ability to engage with, support and provide a truly innovative experience to both customers and our delivery partners has become more critical as we continue to expand the number of delivery partners and target faster deliveries to our customers.
As an engineer on our team, you will own software in all phases of the software life-cycle from architecture and design through deployment and release. You will help create scale-able, global applications. You will also build applications to manage automated scheduling and engagement to meet capacity needs. You will learn about Amazon's logistics network, interact with other teams to build optimized systems and deliver software which impacts multiple delivery provider programs.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• 3+ years professional experience in software development, with iOS experience.
• Experience working with one or more languages including: Swift, Objective-c.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top