Audible, Inc. is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We're an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
You are talented, adaptable, and flexible. We're looking for creative, open-minded iOS software development engineers to help build technologies that continuously improve the Audible listening experience. While focusing on iOS development, you'll build and scale mobile software, and coordinate cross-functionally by integrating new features, maintaining high performance, and creating intuitive interfaces.
Audible is rapidly growing our scope across engineering and tech, acquisitions, content creation, global access, recording, and streaming capabilities. Together, we'll continue to expand the listening experience and create life-changing technologies on behalf of customers. Our recent innovations include short form Channels (currently in Beta), audio/e-reader synchronization using Whispersync for Voice, and our content production marketplace, ACX. Your role may also involve integration of Audible software with first to market Amazon products like Echo and Alexa.
About the Team:
As the Audible Education team our vision is to enable better economic opportunity, social connection, and self-fulfillment for people across the globe by helping them strengthen their language proficiency. Our goal is to deliver world-class products that will disrupt the approach to language acquisition and proficiency. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We operate like a start-up, yet we are backed by powerful assets that only Audible and Amazon can provide.
If you are ready to become a part of a culture that celebrates "thinking big" and want to use your passion and creativity to improve the daily lives of customers around the world, we have a place for you on our team – come join us.
Our team is working on building native iOS products, without compromising compatibility with various iPhone, iPad and iPod devices on an agile development methodology. Team will be involved in daily scrum meetings, sprint deliverables, unit testing, peer testing and delivering a high quality product to our customers.
About the Role:
- You'll have ownership over software including concept, design, execution, and support services with a high standards of operational excellence.
- From the ground up, you'll build innovations like Channels (currently in Beta) and Whispersync for Voice.
- You'll partner with product management to collect data, test, and launch software that wows the community and inspires our peers with proven results.
- You'll explore and self-teach, bringing questions and solutions to the table.
- You'll stay ahead of tools, trends, technologies and the most standard methodologies both industry-wide and within Amazon, sharing your knowledge in a meaningful way that impacts the group.
- You'll employ evidence-based techniques and working-backwards vision for positive social impact.
- You possess proven ability to work on a diverse team.
- Strong UI skills, especially Auto Layout, related SDK's, some storyboard, and animations.
- Extensive experience using Objective-C (with a sprinkle of Swift.)
- Strong data-oriented skills with knowledge of Coredata and database design.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and crafting for performance.
- A Computer Science degree, related credits, or equivalent training.
- (at least one of these)
- Excellent understanding and experience with unit testing, integration testing, and/or UI automation.
- Working knowledge of AVFoundation, CoreAudio, or other Audio frameworks.
- Experience with Swift and/or hybrid code, bridging headers, etc.
We have a comprehensive benefits package. Here are some of the fun and meaningful perks we offer:
- Daily catered lunch, Monday breakfast and juice bar, snacks and Friday happy hours
- Free onsite gym and 25% fitness reimbursement
- Seasonal sports clubs - basketball, hockey, soccer, volleyball, softball and more
- Company sponsored events
- Transit reimbursement, paid parking and shuttle service
- Tuition assistance
- Annual Amazon discount
- Meaningful community involvement opportunities including mentoring interns, literacy tutoring and Audible Scholars, along with collaboration on start-up projects incubating in Newark Venture Partners
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top