Inventory Control & Quality Assurance Operations Manager
- Athlone, Ireland
Do you aim to have a dynamic impact on the world?
Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow's problems today?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
We're looking for ICQA Operations Manager to take ownership of our fulfilment centre Inventory Control and Quality Assurance (ICQA). Our fulfilment centres sit at the heart of Amazon's rapidly growing operations network: they are where we manage our fast-moving inventory. In each fulfilment centre, our teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out; each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
These fulfilment centres are fast-paced and high reward environments, where adherence to policies and procedures is key. We need the right type of leader to ensure that we deliver as reliably as ever to our customers, while making sure our teams deliver on customer obsession.
Your role and responsibilities in the ICQA Team:
• Support safety programs and compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
• Coordinate inventory control maintenance and random counts in accordance with network count strategies, ensuring compliance and consistency with SOX,
• Measure quality, inventory integrity, and accuracy while providing proactive feedback to the operations management team
• Review and analyse customer complaints and any defect data, followed by development of corresponding action plans to reduce future incidents
• Plan for and identify root causes of inventory deviation, via cause and effect analysis
• Participate and Lead network-wide fulfilment & operations-focused quality initiatives.
• Strategic planning and forecasting, alongside assigning and directing work
• Lead and supervise a team of area managers and hourly associates, in Inventory Control / Quality Assurance operations within the Fulfilment Centre
• Manage Area Manager(s) in ICQA functions and drive team performance
• Drive process improvements and team members' ability to keep pace with our rapid growth, while motivating others and reducing employee turnover
Your role and responsibilities in your FC and within operations:
• Gain expertise in key fulfilment centre process paths, as well as exception handling; we'll need you to ensure that process discipline is adhered to across all shifts and departments
• Ensure KPIs are reviewed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis and perform control and quality analysis on any behaviours/processes that could impact on inventory integrity
• Collaborate with all department managers to identify and understand key projects, initiatives and system enhancements
• Work with Loss Prevention teams to establish, influence and adhere to Loss Prevention policies and procedures
• Liaise with Operations Managers, Senior Operations Managers, and General Managers to aid the communication of all policies related to process discipline
• Support in Interviewing and hiring new Managers
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or equivalent qualification
• Demonstrated solid proficiency in time management skills, alongside confidence in organising vast amounts of data
• Proven ability to influence, with varying levels of seniority within an organisation
• You're highly dependable and able to manage business functions that can operate 24/7 (including holidays): you manage time efficiently to get the job done,
• A resilient, focused problem solver and self-starter, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a complex, occasionally ambiguous environment
• Strong commitment to employee development, as well as an exceptional level of dedication, motivation and intelligence
• Previous supervisory experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in the local language and in English
• Degree in a science or logistics-based discipline, with a strong bias towards analytics and data would be advantageous
• Strong understanding of finance and accounting functions, with a grasp of how inventory and accounts relate to each other
• Background in a logistics, distribution or similar environment
• Previous Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Management experience
• Experience with Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and techniques
Back to top