Intranet Web Developer
The AWS Collaboration Systems Development team provides innovative e-mail, perimeter security, and portal/document collaboration systems to support Amazonians around the globe – wherever they may be. If the existing solutions do not meet the needs of our customers, we develop new ones. We touch every element of the business: our corporate offices, our customer service team, fulfillment centers, a diverse development community, and many more.
As Amazon continues to rapidly grow, so must our portal/document collaboration systems. A brand new portal system has been deployed, and we need experienced web developers to work backwards from our customers' needs to build a beautiful, easy to use system, that Amazonians across the globe can quickly access to obtain company news, and the documents they need in their own languages.
Who are you?
You have a strong passion for SharePoint and enjoy driving adoption
This role requires the ability to regularly meet with customers, including senior leadership, to build the right solutions for the right problems. Participating in Town Halls, lunch and learns, and office hours for customers will be key to success.
You want to drive improvements into products
Not work around their shortcomings. You are comfortable taking your suggestions directly to AWS and third party product teams. You are comfortable writing software solutions to bridge any shortcomings.
You have the capability to root out ambiguity
Since this is a new deployment, we have the chance to do it right from the start. You will need to have the capability to map business requirements to technology solutions. This will require working backwards from customer needs and designing a scalable solution to meet them.
- Excellent presentation and written/verbal communication skills: We are looking for an extrovert that has the ability to connect with internal customers and translate their business needs into technical requirements. Participating in town hall meetings, lunch and learns, and office hours will be key to drive customer adoption for the solutions to be developed.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high energy, team-oriented environment
- Track record of building efficient web sites used across multiple countries and published in multiple regions.
Ability to Map OOB (out of the box) SharePoint Features to customer needs such as WorkFlows, WebParts, site collection/Web Application organization.\
- InfoPath Form development required
- 2+ years of developing on AWS technologies
- Familiar with KanBan project methodology
- 5+ years client side web development on cross-browser applications
- Database development experience
- Application architecture experience on SharePoint
- InfoPath Form development experience
- Ability to Map OOB (out of the box) SharePoint Features to customer needs such as WorkFlows, WebParts, site collection/Web Application organization.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top