International VAT Policy Manager
- London, United Kingdom
Amazon has an exciting opportunity for a VAT Manager to join the VAT planning team, focusing on international VAT policy issues. The role can be based in the United States or in London.
The successful candidate will be a motivated tax professional, comfortable working in a fast paced, pressured and exciting environment.
The role will drive and support a number of high profile international VAT policy initiatives affecting the Amazon business (including Marketplace, Retail, Digital and AWS), working with tax, public policy and business teams to shape Amazon's response to VAT legislative developments. This role will involve:
- monitoring and understanding key VAT/GST policy developments worldwide, notably those affecting cross-border online trade;
- working with business and wider tax teams to assess the business impact and identify key policy positions;
- together with public policy, liasing with policy-makers on developments having a significant impact on Amazon's business
- reporting to senior stakeholders on VAT policy developments and drafting position papers to support leadership decision-making.
This is a fast-moving and complex area of VAT, offering the chance to work on novel issues which have a significant impact on the business.
• In-depth VAT experience in a large accounting or consulting practice, law firm, or in-house at a blue chip commercial organisation.
• Excellent written and spoken English, with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels.
• Recognised professional tax qualification (CIOT/ADIT or equivalent), or relevant law degree.
• Experience of working with VAT policy issues and policy makers.
• Ability to work independently with limited general supervision, effectively prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities.
• The ability to persuasively communicate complex and technical concepts and issues to internal and external stakeholders.
Back to top