International Tax Manager, Prime Video & Amazon Studios
- Culver City, CA
Amazon is seeking an International Tax Manager, based at its Culver City offices, to focus on U.S. international tax planning for both new and on-going business launches/initiatives for its Prime Video and Amazon Studios businesses.
Prime Video is Amazon's premium content service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular titles, from award-winning Amazon Originals to exciting live sports events. Prime Video is a rapidly expanding and ever-growing business available today in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. Amazon Studios is the Film and Television development and production arm that creates our Amazon Originals programming. Over the past 6 years, Amazon Studios have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Jack Ryan, The Boys, and Carnival Row.
This position will be part of a team that works closely with business partners, finance, and members of the corporate tax department to evaluate and provide tax-efficient planning advice on business transactions, restructurings, and television and film and television production incentives strategy. This function is critical to ensuring that the businesses are well advised on the tax impact of their activities, and that the relevant tax technical analysis on the US and local country tax impacts of such activities are properly documented in order to support our reporting, compliance, and on-going tax controversy analysis. Candidate should have in-depth tax technical knowledge in evaluating and advising on international business initiatives and proposals.
Candidate must be able to work closely with members across a global tax department as well as external stakeholder teams (e.g., finance, accounting, legal, operational tech systems teams), and communicate business plans, obtain tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination and execution of cross-functional tax solutions in a sustainable manner. Candidate must be able to communicate, both in writing and orally, complex tax concepts in ways that are understandable and useful to non-tax professionals.
This position is not directly involved in tax compliance, but is responsible for delivering the planning, coordination, and communication of tax-related aspects of projects. This includes creating and maintaining the appropriate level of documentation to support reporting and compliance functions.
• BS/BA required.
• Degree in law or accounting (CPA - or equivalent), or graduate degree in taxation.
• 5+ years of relevant tax experience in a corporate environment, public accounting firm or major law firm.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex, milestone driven projects including the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams.
• Experience in Entertainment Taxation a plus, including a working knowledge of film and television production, film tax credit planning, and digital video distribution technologies.
• Expertise in U.S. federal and international tax provisions with an understanding of or practical experience with tax laws in other countries.
• Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to deliver on tight deadlines.
• Highly motivated, hard-working, and able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment.
• Able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management.
• Able to analyze and review statutes, regulations, and case law and then extract data and make appropriate recommendations based on evolving business plans.
• Effective interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top