International Tax Analyst
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is seeking a Tax Technologist / Tax Analyst to be part of the US Outbound/International Tax team. The candidate will focus on US international income tax reporting and compliance utilizing the candidate's experience with data handling, process design, building solutions, detailed execution, and working with tax professionals and other technologist. The tax analyst will be responsible for compliance process improvements, automation of recurring calculations, and modeling of tax reform implications.
In order to be successful, the tax analyst must possess the ability to work toward the strategic roadmap, while still being interested and willing to engage in day-to-day tactical details.
Primary job duties include:
• Responsible for gathering requirements, collaborating on design and process improvements, mentoring, building, implementing and supporting direct tax models.
• Drive process improvements and coordinate with internal Tax Technology Team to facilitate streamlining and automation of recurring calculations.
• Research and understand potential tax legislation and participate in modeling different scenarios.
• Create and develop complex excel spreadsheet models including a tax models for compliance with various tax foreign currency rules,
• US International reporting and compliance obligations (Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, Form 1120F etc.).
• Prepare or review international aspects of Amazon's worldwide provision.
• Bachelor's degree/Master's degree required
• 1+ years of work experience
• Direct tax modeling and process development experience.
• Distributed computing experience.
• Process design and re-engineering experience.
• Exceptional Excel Modeling skills; experience working through large data sets; Knowledge of Table Structure and Pivot Tables
• Strong Python and SQL skills.
• Experience working with technical and non-technical teams.
• Strong tax operational background and ability to drive process improvements.
• Direct tax experience with international income tax compliance/reporting.
• Highly motivated and organized; excellent attention to detail
• Tax preparation software experience helpful (Corptax international tax compliance software).
• CPA, or other professional certification.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top