International Senior Business Development Manager – New game initiative
Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and includes a series of new benefit available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Prime a no-brainer for core gamers. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazon's broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
Amazon has a strong and growing reputation in the video game business, including being named the best place to buy games in a recent industry survey, the release of several award winning games on android and iOS, the launch of own cloud based game engine, the announcement of soon to be released PC games and our acquisitions of Twitch and Curse. Twitch, Curse, Lumberyard, Breakaway, Amazon Web Services, Amazon game development and services, our digital and physical media retail, Comixology, Merch by Amazon and the Amazon Appstore are just some of our current assets that are relevant to this growing community.
In this role, you will cultivate key developer and publisher relationships in the growing digital video games segment and lead strategy and execution for these complex business initiatives, focusing on the international European and APAC, SEA markets.
Working closely with marketing, product, and technology across Amazon and Twitch, this individual will be responsible for content acquisition for these programs. The ideal candidate has solid business judgment, track record of successful negotiations in a complex environment, and strong overall relationship management.
The leader in this role will be responsible for content acquisition and partnerships that support broader program goals. Working as part of the leadership team, this person will own the strategy and execution for content acquisition that drives customer acquisition. This person must excel at understanding the broader context of the gaming community, how these projects create value for this community, and then effectively prioritize the opportunities for the greatest impact. Starting with data-driven customer insight, they will identify and pursue target partners.
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage strategic partnerships in a complex growth category.
- Define and deliver the strategy around content acquisition and new business models, with a global view
- Establish and execute against aggressive selection, operational, and business metrics
- Execute plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product management, legal, marketing, and video game Vendor Management teams around the world)
- Identify opportunities for innovation and automation
- Dive deep into data and identify important and actionable business intelligence
- Engage with and support international teams.
- BA/BS require
- · 5-7 years in content acquisition, business development, consulting, product management, and/or account management
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated success in executing deals and partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior level executives
- Proficient with Excel and other MS Office tools Preferred Qualifications
- MBA preferred
- Experienced in launching new products
- Experience in the video game industry strongly preferred
- Experience in International business development strongly preferred
- Additional spoken languages a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top