International Public Policy, Intern
- Bengaluru, India
Work hard, have fun, and make history with Amazon Public Policy. The International Public Policy Intern will join a growing, dynamic team and be able to directly enhance Amazon's advocacy on a broad range of public policy issues in Europe, the Middle East, India, and Asia Pacific regions . Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers.
Working with the International Public Policy Central team in Seattle, the International Public Policy Intern will help develop Amazon's positions on key issues, research policy issues, and build and manage internal tracking and reporting systems.
The International Public Policy Intern will work collaboratively with the team to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. The International Public Policy Intern will work closely with team members to assess government activities of importance to Amazon, anticipate potential government actions, and develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions to assist in our external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives.
The position will be based in Seattle, WA (with work from home flexibility), and will be a part-time position running through the spring 2021 semester.
Focus and Deliverables
• Work collaboratively with the International Public Policy team on a wide range of projects to support Amazon's core business priorities and public policy goals;
• Anticipate challenges/obstacles our business could face as the public policy landscape evolves;
• Help coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and initiatives in concert with business objectives.
• BA/BS required
• Currently enrolled in a Law degree or relevant Master's degree program
• Work, internship, or other leadership experience in a professional environment, with an emphasis and demonstrated interest in international public policy and government relations work
• A keen understanding of legislative and regulatory policy process as well as the technology industry
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging
• Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity
• Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at all corporate and political levels
• Self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results
• Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers
• Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others, with the ability to intelligently build a course of action, analyze trade-offs, and make recommendations even in ambiguous situations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top