Internal Communications Manager, Global Specialty Fulfillment
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Operations Internal Communications (OIC) is the internal communications and marketing team that drives editorial content to inform and engage, supports issues management, and creates the social, digital, and print channels to communicate with hundreds of thousands of Operations employees across the world.
Amazon is seeking a curious, intuitive, high-judgment, and self-motivated communications professional to join our internal operations communications team. This individual will help drive the internal communications strategy in partnership with senior Operations and HR leaders for the Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) network. GSF includes a number of innovative, growing businesses such as: Prime Now, which pioneered free one- and two-hour delivery of our most in-demand items, Amazon Fresh, which brought groceries right to customers' doorsteps, and Amazon Extra Large (AMXL) which strives to perfect the customer experience for fulfilment and delivery of large items, such as TVs and furniture, by offering white-glove, in-home services. The position will provide support for Operations associates through clear, factual communications and will provide strategic communication counsel to cross-functional partners on a wide range of complex topics.
As an Ops internal communications manager, you will develop executive messaging, drive strategy for editorial; manage issues, changes, and crisis communications; and execute on employee communications, programs, and experiences. The ideal candidate will insist on the highest standards, dive deep into details, have a strong bias for action and sense of ownership, distill information to find common threads between projects, and be energized by juggling priorities. They'll keep composure in fast-moving situations, embrace ambiguity and changing tides, be able to quickly get up to speed on complex issues, anticipate employee questions/reactions, and quickly prepare thorough messaging strategies.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Lead and develop innovative internal communications strategies, clear narratives and tactics that engage Amazon's operations frontline employee base in GSF;
• Deliver strategic campaigns in partnership with the global engagement campaigns team;
• Lead the development and execution of internal communication plans for new programs, policies, and changes;
• Look around corners to spot emerging topics and develop proactive plans to communication with stakeholders;
• Earn trust, provide counsel, and effectively communicate with a range of internal stakeholders;
• Think and communicate clearly - formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it;
• Build stakeholder relationships across a range of businesses to establish a news agenda relevant to each business, and provide counsel for executive communications and reactive messaging;
• Manage and support issues and crisis communications;
• Manage content development for the various specialty fulfillment businesses;
• Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames; and
• Roll up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it's outside the scope of the job;
This role can be based out of Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA; Nashville, TN; or Arlington, VA
• Bachelor's degree
• 7+ years of external or internal communications experience
• Internal communications experience with logistics, operations, or retail or consumer brand
• Issues management experience
• Experience developing relevant content for a diverse, remote, and mobile workforce
• Experience developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
• Possess a strategic approach to problems solving; able to anticipate potential reputation issues
• Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames
• Willing to roll up one's sleeves and get work done, even when at times it's outside the scope of the job
• Keenly focused and able to pay painstaking attention to important details
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top