Interconnection Manager - EMEA
- London, United Kingdom
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Every part of the work we do is with the goal of making Twitch even more efficient and responsive.
We are growing our infrastructure worldwide and are looking for a strategic Interconnection Manager who can help grow the Twitch Interconnection Network in EMEA.
The Twitch Global Network Planning & Acquisition team is directly involved and responsible for the strategy, acquisition, implementation, and management of business relationships with strategic vendors and partners to expand Twitch's footprint across the world. As part of this team is the Interconnection Strategy Team which sets our global Settlement-Free Peering and Internet Exchanges strategy, grows and plans our capacity, engages with peers, attends conferences and represents Twitch in an official capacity.
This role is suited for someone looking to work with multinational companies on a global scale, who is excited by growth and is willing to improve or establish new processes where there is none. You will report to the Director of Network Acquisitions.
• Build and maintain strategic long-term relationships with ISPs for effective, efficient, and scalable delivery of Twitch content to users
• Identify and negotiate settlement-free interconnection and peering
• Define our Internet Exchange strategy including selection, capacity and routing policies
• Communicate progress internally and work with several teams across the organization including business strategy, network operations, network engineering and deployment/provisioning teams
• Extract data from network tools to build traffic matrices
• Support team in optimizing traffic patterns to minimize unit price
• Create, update, and promote internal documentation, reports, and process documents
• Work on real time QoS measurement to track and detect issues
• Work on capacity planning and evolution of all interconnections for the edge network
• Help develop internal tools for statistics and measurements (IP)
• 5+ years of Internet infrastructure work including technical and commercial knowledge of internet providers, telecommunications providers and internet exchange points
• Strong Network Engineering background with deep understanding of routing protocols and network hardware technologies (routing, switching, and load-balancing)
• Experience interpreting contracts and other legal documents
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management skills, ability to work with remote teams distributed around the globe, and without day-to-day direct supervision
• Relationship management experience
• Understanding of Internet networks, architectures, market pricing, capacity availability, and service providers
• Bachelor's degree or related work experience
• Willing to travel up to 30% of the time
Back to top