Insurance Risk Manager - Middle Mile
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Global Risk Management and Claims team is seeking an Insurance Risk Manager to develop and manage Amazon's third party insurance programs.
Reporting to a Senior Risk Manager within Treasury, this position will join a technical risk team that is responsible for assessing, mitigating, and managing Amazon's global insurance programs. Successful candidate is a strong team player with willingness to "roll up their sleeves," is able to earn trust quickly, and is effective at managing risk with and through others.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Development and execution of strategic and tactical plans on new and expanding insurance programs for Middle Mile third party operations.
• Act as the insurance subject matter expert and advise internal teams on potential risks and coverage requirements for company initiatives.
• Work with operations on monthly and quarterly reports, identifying program status and proposed structural changes based on cost of insurance through various metrics.
• Provide guidance and support for loss prevention initiatives for third party programs to ensure an open, proactive, and effective safety culture.
• Review and make underwriting determinations as required and measure performance of exceptions with captive and business teams.
• Develop business proposals and case studies for presentation to senior leadership.
• Assist with budgets, forecasts, and financial reports, including the analysis of program's financial performance. •
- 5+ years of brokerage, insurance consulting, or related startup experience, preferably with focus in logistics/middle mile operations.
- 3+ years of freight and trucking insurance experience
• BA/BS degree, preferably in Risk Management, Finance, or other quantitative field.
• 7 to 10 years of brokerage, insurance consulting, or related startup experience with logistics operations.
• Strong data analytics skills, including use of RMIS and computer modeling.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Auto Liability and Workers' Compensation related to freight, trucking, logistics and crowd source operations.
- Strong understanding of insurance company financials and ability to translate insurance into financial terms for operational use.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing with employees and outside partners, recognizing and appropriately responding to others' perspectives.
• Collaborative, seeks to build a community of resources to solve complex insurance puzzles and comfortable with lack of clear answers.
• Hands on, results driven with strong project management skills.
• Ability to challenge status quo and drive change where appropriate. Thrives on change, pace, action and accountability, and can adjust to changing priorities.
• Highly analytical, with ability to use data to drive desired results and support intelligent risk taking.
- Possess advance computer skills, including Word, Excel, and data analytic capabilities.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top