This role is responsible for the analysis of workers compensation claims providing oversight of a monthly analysis of third party injury reporting to internal stakeholder. Responsible for analyzing data to identifying potential hazards and problematic operations and partnering with field and safety teams to reduce exposure through the implementation of custom tailored safety programs and education.
This Program will work to mitigate, eliminate, or implement risk management efforts (e.g., safety training, accident investigation, claims/injury management, etc.; consult with field and safety teams to review Delivery Service Partners' (DSP) operations/activities, review/resolve problems, receive advice/direction, and provide recommendations for reducing frequency and severity of injuries, losses, and workplace hazards.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as a leader and management of resources with the goal of developing tools/dashboards/reports and other resources for our DSP and internal stakeholders.
• Assists Global Risk Management Team with analysis, reports, projects and deliverables.
• Assists in designing and implementing all workers' compensation policies and programs for our DSPs.
• Leads the development of DSP specific key performance indicator metric processing, benchmarking studies
• Provides continuous improvement of existing reports/dashboards/tools
• Provides monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports on causation trends, cost, and other key metrics.
• Provides resources and tools to DSP to help them better understand how workers compensation claims can affect their premium.
• Conducts data analysis, research and develops educational materials based on trends for website, meetings and stakeholders.
• Identifying pockets of actionable risk reduction opportunities, and testing and adopting targeted risk mitigation solutions
• Conduct nation-wide surveys of both DSPs and their employees to identify hazards and risk factors for the targeted injury types, needs and possible solutions based on company type and size.
This role will involve some domestic travel.
This role can be filled in the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, Nashville, TN, Austin, TX and New York, NY.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field
• 5 + years' of Workers' Compensation data analysis or safety related field experience
• 5 + years' experience in Risk Management, insurance claims trending/analysis, examination, investigation, adjudication or advocacy
• Strong team player with ability to work successfully at all levels of the organization and influence positive outcomes
• Ability to lead tasks and manage processes
• Strong personal skills and relationships
• Multistate experience
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a group
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including /PowerPoint/ as well as business intelligence software packages
• Strong familiarity with insurance carrier and TPA systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.