Instructional Designer (Level 5)
- Bengaluru, India
This role incorporates multiple aspects--Stakeholder management, setting and monitoring Instructional Design standards as well as standards specific to the function they will own, coaching other Learning Experience Designers on these aspects, owning the end-to-end curriculum lifecycle from analysis to evaluation, and continuously raising the bar on instructional integrity of our learning experiences. Specifically you will:
• Perform training needs analysis to support the performance tied to business and operation goals by partnering with business leaders, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other key stakeholders to .
• Determine, recommend, and document performance objectives, project instructional standards, learner engagement strategies, and evaluation plan based on the business and learner needs.
• Design and review solutions including different modalities such as classroom training including activities, interactive eLearning, simulations, case studies, etc.
• Review and coach LXDs on course content including, but not limited to, measurable performance objectives, scenarios, simulations, audio scripts, progress checks, performance evaluations, reference glossaries, and assessments.
• Scope effort based on the solution design for themselves and others and use this as input to create schedules for projects.
• Gather, develop, and write content based on interviews with stakeholders and SMEs. Review content developed by other LXDs.
• Use tools such as Storyline, Xyleme, Questionmark, etc. for content development and support troubleshooting for technical issues.
• Monitor curricula to ensure the content is updated periodically and accurately.
• Support other LXDs in uploading, testing, and maintaining content to an LMS.
• May work with vendors for larger programs to review the tool and training deliverables being created.
• Identify areas of continuous improvement to continually raise the bar for our learning experiences
• At least 8 years' experience in an instructional design role.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in a communication, education or related field.
• Experience in development with eLearning tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.
• Experience with multi-media development (audio, video, and/or animation)
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Proven project management experience and the ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects with tight deadlines.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
• Master's degree in a relevant field
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in learning design and development
• Experience creating high-level training strategies for organizations across multiple instructional design and training resources.
• Experience designing, developing, planning, implementing and assessing training.
• Demonstrated experience developing curriculum that is in line with current industry and adult learning standards.
• Demonstrated experience developing training collateral, eLearning and self-directed learning modules, performance support aids, online tutorials and/or other training materials.
• Experience collaborating with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers.
• Experience with coordination and organization for global initiatives.
• Demonstrated use of multiple learning methods and linking appropriate methods with learners and outcomes.
Back to top