Instructional Designer, Amazon Logistics
The Amazon Logistics Learning Content Team is looking for a talented, technically savvy, and creative Instructional Designer to support our rapidly growing Logistics Learning initiatives at our corporate headquarters in Seattle, WA. Our team creates effective, scalable, and engaging learning solutions that are used in Delivery Stations across North America.
The Instructional Designer will own a specific curriculum from analysis to evaluation. They will be responsible for developing high-quality training content in the following formats: eLearning, videos, instructor led content, virtual classroom design, tool kits, study guides, and performance support aids for all of our North American sites.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The candidate should be an adult learning expert who is creative, analytical, and customer-obsessed. They must also be willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done while insisting on the highest standards.
- Design and Develop - using the ADDIE model to perform needs and task analyses, scope projects, and evaluate existing documentation to identify gaps and then recommends appropriate modalities to meet the learning needs
- Design and develop creative, learner-centered, performance-based training materials in multiple modalities including classroom, interactive eLearning modules, videos, job aids, facilitator guides, and participant guides
- Effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives from analysis to evaluation
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training activities in relation to business goals
- Ensure effective administration of Learning Technologies via the LMS, including posting and testing of content in the system
- Investigate and take action to meet customers' current and future needs
- Master and develop processes and tools, which save own and others time
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field such as instructional or educational technology
- 3+ years Instructional Design experience
- Able to manage workflow with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced, frugal environment with multiple stakeholders and sometimes-changing priorities
- Can conceptualize technical-functional content into something creative that people actually enjoy consuming
- Proficient with a variety of eLearning development tools/course authoring tools including Camtasia, Captivate, Storyline, and Articulate Studio: Quizmaker/Engage/Presenter
- Travel up to 25%
- Master's degree in a relevant field, such as instructional or educational technology
- 2+ years Project Management experience
- Experience with video production, editing, and publishing
- Mobile development experience a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of learning management systems design, development, and implementation
- Experience working with Operations and Logistics Program Management Teams
- Experience implementing a wide range of Change Management and Performance Improvement initiatives
- Experience facilitating training solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top