Instock Manager - US Movies
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in working with top Movies and Music vendors to improve operations and generate Free Cash Flow. The Disc Operations team looking to hire a talented, driven, and highly analytical Senior Instock Manager with a proven record of utilizing data to drive business improvements. The successful candidate will be skilled at gaining cross-functional support from internal and external teams to drive operational improvement initiatives. This position is responsible for working with Tier-1 vendors across our Movies and Music businesses to optimize the end-to-end supply chain and improve inventory availability for customers. The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment.
• Work directly with top vendors to improve key operations metrics, including: confirmation rates, lead time, on-time delivery, and out of stock rates.
• Engage with central teams to drive process automation and system improvements.
• Manage the release day delivery program, working with key stakeholder teams to ensure inventory availability and placement ahead of street date.
• Develop and execute Peak and Prime Day operations plans.
• Lead large scale cost-saving initiatives impacting multiple Media categories.
• Perform root-cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, and then manage the solution to those issues.
• Develop Standard Operating Procedures for effective processes and knowledge transfer.
• Own & drive the roadmap for Vendor Operations metrics.
To ensure the Senior Instock Manager is successful, he or she must be able to:
• Passionately advocate for the customer and category within Amazon.
• Exhibit dedication and commitment to cost-effective inventory management.
• Operate at all levels-think strategically and tactically.
• Integrate strong and clear analysis and business rationale into sound decision making.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously - work prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Retail Planning, Information Systems Management, Accounting, or Finance discipline.
• 5+ years experience in supply chain, inventory planning, retail, accounting or finance.
• Proficiency at interpreting data through analytics to make business decisions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to use formal and informal influencing skills across Amazon's cross-functional organization.
• Successful track record in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
• Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software.
• Experience with improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
• Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines.
Back to top