Instock Manager / Supply Chain Manager - Physical Stores (Seattle or San Francisco)
- Seattle, WA
Seeking an experienced Instock Manager to join our fast paced, highly collaborative start-up like environment inside Amazon. In this role, you will own developing plans and executing on initiatives that will support excellent inventory management, build an effective supply chain, and drive successful interactions with our partner teams. To be successful in this role, you should feel comfortable using data to influence others and building scalable systems and processes to allow our business to grow. In joining this team, you will have the opportunity to both build and operate in an ambiguous fast-paced environment and will drive initiatives that improve sales, customer experience, and process improvement within retail and operations.
The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-starting and possess strong data extraction and analytical capabilities. They must demonstrate passion for the customer experience. They must be fearless but thoughtful in their pursuit of results and thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
Strong candidates will have knowledge in fundamental business principles and previous retail experience. The ideal candidate is able to lead and influence both internal and external teams in an ambiguous environment while maintaining a customer-centric philosophy.
• Oversee the instock function including ordering, capacity management, instock rates, unhealthy inventory, and reporting.
• Create sustainable Instock systems and processes in partnership with technical and product teams
• Interact with operations teams and drive efficiencies through team collaboration
• Drive complex business analysis that identifies opportunities to improve cost structure and profitability
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of relevant experience.
• Superior analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to dive in and quickly understand root cause and identify scalable solutions
• Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
• The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across Amazon's cross-matrix organization is critical to the success of this role.
• Must have a proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment.
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an exceptional attention to detail
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience with SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top