- London, United Kingdom
Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which encourage colleagues to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn the trust of their co-workers. We believe that building a diverse culture where our colleagues have a sense of belonging, value, and opportunity is essential to what we can achieve as individuals and a company. We support flexible and part-time options wherever we can to suit your lifestyle. You can read more about diversity, equity and inclusion at aboutamazon.com
Interested in joining a new exciting venture? Curious to be at the heart of where innovation meets customer obsession? Recently launched in the UK, Amazon Fresh Stores is the first convenience grocery store to offer Just Walk Out Technology in the UK. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out (JWO) Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from, or returned to the shelves, and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, JWO uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! We are incredibly proud of our selection too. We offer a mix of everyday essentials, local favourites and seasonal items we think you'll want and love, all at great prices. We're also excited to offer delicious ready-to-eat and ready-to-heat meals. Our goal is to be Earth's most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious, innovative and customer obsessed program.
Amazon is looking for an experienced Instock manager with proven experience in managing complex inbound supply chains in an ambiguous working environment. You will join a high-powered, fun & collaborative work environment where you will partner with multiple different teams to achieve your objectives.
The Instock Manager's will be responsible for all aspects of the Instock role, including: driving improved in-stock, inventory planning, vendor operational improvement (efficiency, fill rates, lead times) and forecasting. Additionally, you will drive initiatives to improve customer experience, drive revenue and profitability by working collaboratively across Retail, supply chain and operations. The ideal candidate will excel in scalable process improvement, automation and analytics.
Strong written/verbal communication skills is required and the candidate should be comfortable engaging with both internal stakeholders and vendors. The candidate will have proven experience delivering results by partnering with others and be comfortable contributing across a range of topic outside of the core ISM responsibilities.
• Maintain excellent in-stock rates for owned category and/or region
• Execute inventory strategies to optimize sales, turns, and inventory health
• Monitor, analyze and own key performance indicators such as in-stock rate, procurement lead time (PLT), fill rate, forecast accuracy and turns
• Forecast and manage efficient inbound and outbound inventory flows and health, including forecasting, supporting purchasing processes, and removing unproductive inventory
• Drive root cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, develop action plans and project manage improvements with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneous
• Partner with vendor managers in driving vendor performance
• Work with internal teams collaboratively, to help drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and procurement workflows, with emphasis on automating tasks that are currently performed manually
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, a Supply Chain/Operations discipline or Information Systems Management
• 2+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Planning, or Inventory Management or equivalent experience such as Consulting, Finance, or Operations
• Superior analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to dive in and quickly understand root cause and identify scalable solutions
• Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
• Advanced Excel skills and proficient in SQL
• Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves
• Ability to thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
• Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Strong numerical and analytical aptitude, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models
• Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, statistical software and Python
• Experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
• Excellent collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
Back to top