Amazon is looking for a motivated individual with strong Instock skills to join the Kindle pre-owned Business team, the team responsible for the Resale and Repurposing of the bestselling Amazon Echo, Amazon Tap, Kindle e-reader, Fire tablet and Fire TV product lines.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and analytical Instock Manager to join our team to launch and manage Amazon Devices for our global consumers. The Instock Manager will manager and drive the improvement of the supply chain capabilities to support the Pre Owned business, develop, maintain and partner with Amazon internal teams to implement scalable inventory management strategies. This person will be an expert at developing new processes to ensure our business grows and thrives. The Instock Manager will also regularly monitor key aspects of internal teams' performance levels through a scorecard.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess amazing analysis abilities, relationship skills, project management skills, strong financial acumen, a high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be a great team player.
In this role, you are expected to work closely with your peers, operations managers / senior managers/ senior leaders to understand their requirement and translate them into actionable metrics. You have a strong bias toward data driven decision making, and an innate ability to understand how metrics relate to business problems and to each other.
The Instock Manager's primary responsibilities will include:
- Build, manage, and optimize our inventory and InStock management strategy, systems, and processes
- Ensure all inventory systems and processes meet the needs of the business. Where this is not the case, you will need to invent new processes that meet our needs.
- Monitor, analyze and own key performance indicators such as weeks of cover, in-stock rate, lead time, forecast accuracy and turns
- Work with the Fresh Lot Instock team to bring end of life product to PreOwned team in a fast and efficient manner. Coordinate with Forward Logistics and Freshlot Instock and Reverse Logistics for the conversion of New units to PreOwned inventory
- Forecast and manage efficient inbound and outbound inventory flows and health, including forecasting, sourcing, and removing unproductive inventory
- Drive root cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, developing action plans and project managing improvements
- Perform audits of inventory management-related tools and systems ensuring settings are correct and optimized. Drive automation whenever possible.
- Understand product lifecycle and effectively optimize forecasting, planning, and sourcing parameters.
- Monitor key aspects of internal teams' performance levels through a scorecard on a monthly basis
- Partner with various teams that supply devices to PreOwned and (Reverse Logistics, FreshLot Instock Team, Trade-In team etc.) communicate sales and promotions plans and understand the operational impact of supply forecasts.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of operations, sourcing, or supply chain experience
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Instock/inventory management or other experience in electronics and technology product areas.
- Experience with advanced data extraction (SQL) and analysis
- Familiarity with procurement systems, other third party information systems and ability to learn proprietary systems
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing, global supply chain, and regulatory requirements
- Experience with a merchandise retailer or consumer electronics company
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top