Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a world leader in cloud services, operating large-scale, high-density centers across the globe. We are expanding our technician teams within the EMEA regions and have openings for Installation Technicians. This is an entry level position and a unique opportunity to work in some of the most innovative and fast paced data centers in the world.
The Infrastructure Delivery team is responsible for the scaling and physical deployment of new data center infrastructure. As part of that team, the Installation Technician will be primarily tasked with installing cabling and new racks within the data centers. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly motivated individual with a willingness to learn and upskill. The candidate must be able to perform repetitive tasks and adhere to standard processes and best practices. Candidates will be working in a team environment and must be able to communicate and promote cross-team functionality.
This position has a physical component and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations. All interested candidates must be willing to work rotating shifts (day/night) including weekends to meet the needs of the business.
• Adhere to security and safety best practices in the data center.
• Installation and testing of copper and Fiber Optic cabling.
• Basic build and troubleshooting of network devices.
• Creating/attaching labels and barcodes.
• Regularly lift 35lbs or move heavy objects into position.
• Regularly work at heights and from ladders.
• Managing inventory of related materials.
• Adhering to defined escalation processes and standard operating procedures.
• Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions.
• Ability to travel within geographical work area is required.
• Basic knowledge of computer hardware and network cabling.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer literacy.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment, displaying excellent time management skills and the ability to follow direction.
• Able to lift/move up to 35lbs on a daily basis
• Able to work at heights or use ladders for continued periods
• Have strong attention to detail, maintain high quality standards.
• Knowledge of Copper and Fiber Optic testing methodologies.
• Ability to read basic layout drawings and floorplans.
• Industry standard certifications (CompTIA, CITY & GUILDS Cabling cert or equivalent).
• Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management).
• Experience with a ticketing system is a plus but not required.
• Understanding of server operating systems, Linux based troubleshooting such as firmware flashes and bios configurations.