Preferred locations include Washington DC / Northern VA or Seattle
Would you like to lead a team focused on increasing the adoption of Amazon Web Services within the US State and Local Government market? Do you have the business savvy and the technical sales background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider with government? Have you led a large highly successful inside sales team before in the high tech industry?
As an Inside Sales Manager you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the future of an emerging technology. Your responsibilities will include building and managing a highly talented sales team focused on driving revenue, technology adoption, and market share. You possess a technology inside sales management background that enables you to lead a team of inside sales representatives with engagements across different decision making levels from managers of technology to the CXO level. You should also be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop and execute against agreed to regional plans and consistently deliver on monthly and quarterly revenue targets.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Recruit, retain, develop and lead a team of high performing inside sales representatives in a highly dynamic organization to meet or exceed revenue targets
• Design sales coverage strategies across customer segments to ensure maximum market coverage, revenue growth and profitability in a defined set of accounts, regions and sub-regions
• Collaborate with sales leaders within the organization and functional leaders outside the organization to define sales execution plans for campaigns and priorities to build and maintain a robust pipeline
• Meet or exceed revenue growth targets by designing and executing across three key motions - new customer acquisition (land), technology adoption (adopt) and wallet share expansion (expand)
• Analyze key reports and sales analytics to make recommendations on how to improve individual and team performance
• Implement and monitor key program components, including performance to sales targets, performance appraisals, and professional development
• Prepare sales and activity reports, communication, and follow-up with the sales leadership team
• A strong grasp of strategic business challenges, and demonstrates a high level of comfort working with partners, customers, internal teams and sales leadership
• Moderate US Travel
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
• 10+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
• 5+ years of sales leadership and management experience
• 5+ years of leadership skills in coaching and development of inside sales organizations focused on selling to large, mid-market and small accounts
• Strong executive presence and communication skills and the ability to adapt to a constantly evolving marketplace
• Intricate knowledge of sales processes, sales tools, organizational structures, management practices and resources development
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) and the ability/affinity for communicating with customers/partners at all levels of an organization
• A high degree of creative ability, analytical and business skills and independent judgment.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.