Inside Sales Leader - Federal Government
- Seattle, WA
External job description
Would you like to be part of a new team focused on delighting customers of all sizes, across a number of industries? As an Inside Sales Leader you will lead a high impact and diverse team who will build, shape and drive the growth and future of an emerging technology. Amazon Web Services provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. We are growing our Inside Sales team to help more companies make the move to AWS, and achieve their business outcomes. If you have a builder mindset and are passionate about the cloud this role provides the opportunity to introduce the most relevant cloud solutions from the leading cloud company, to new and existing customers.
The Inside Sales Leader is responsible for managing a team of Inside Sales Reps who will accelerate customer's adoption to the cloud within any number of customer segments and drive long-term business and revenue by managing the full sales cycle to create opportunities and net-new workloads. The ideal candidate will manage the career growth and development of ISRs; develop sales plan and strategy for assigned territory and influence strategy aligned with customer's business objectives; lead and influence their team to maintain a robust sales pipeline through proactive customer engagement, prospecting and lead generation.
The ideal candidate will bring both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO level within the partner, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value.
You may have previously led a team and have experiencing in operating in a high growth environment, or have 3+ years experience in Inside Sales with a view to management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Build and develop a team, refine operating model for the ISR function
• Help define the AWS public sector market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
• Assist in the execution of the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
• Collaborate with the Federal Account Sales team
• Attain daily inside sales call activity metrics - outbound calls, decision maker contacts, qualified leads
• Maintain a robust sales pipeline and related territory target lists in Salesforce.com
• Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
• Assist customer in identifying use cases for priority adoption of Amazon Web Services as well as best practices implementations
• Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
• Experience is selling to Australian Federal Government Customers
• Strong understanding of Australian Government Security and ICT Procurement
• 5+ years of technology related sales or business development experience with quota accountability
• 3+ years of sales management experience leading a team
• Demonstrated record of people development
• BA/BS degree or relevant experience
• Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology deals with Australian Government Customers
• Experience in positioning and selling technology in new customers as well as proactively growing customer relationships within an account
• Proven track record of consistent territory growth and quota obtainment
• Experience working within the public sector industry is highly desired.
• Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies.
• Demonstrated experience operating in high growth environments
• Demonstrated experience leading and developing people
Back to top