Innovations Data Analyst
The team: World Wide Research and Development Center
The quickly growing WW R&D Center at BFI1/X has a mission to accelerate the development of new technology for Fulfillment Centers and Specialty Sites throughout the network. Cross-functional team members partner with our engineers to work on developing and testing safety, reliability, training material, quality and performance of a wide variety of new technologies that will enhance Amazon's ability to delight and serve our customers throughout the world.
The role: Data Analyst, WW R&D Center
The WW R&D Center is seeking an exceptionally talented analyst who loves Data Engineering and Data Analytics to join us in developing the future of Amazon Fulfillment Centers and Specialty Sites. You will engage with an experienced cross-functional team to develop and test world class products designed to improve Amazon's ability to fulfill our customers diverse and every growing needs. As a Data Analyst, you will work in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group, while keeping abreast of general business objectives, policies, standards, services, facilities, procedures and related information in order to maintain a comprehensive awareness of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the candidate will work very closely with diverse teams.
In this role, you will:
- Work with cross-functional teams to determine the best way to accurately measure and track different Critical to Quality metrics for new technologies in testing.
- Develop reports for new technologies to assist in their evaluation by stakeholders.
- Identify and deliver the best data visualizations for different technologies and different audiences.
- Organize and catalog large streams of data collected on site.
- Data mine large, complex and ambiguous data with a single goal in mind: generating insights.
- Identify problems and root causes that, once addressed, will ensure we are sending complete, validated solutions to our downstream customers
- Note: No relocation assistance offered for this position.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Excel.
- Experience analyzing large quantities of data, generating and presenting insights
- Demonstrated knowledge of formal statistical analysis
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for effective communication with colleagues and senior leadership from computer science, operations research and business backgrounds
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and use of complex software systems, and knowledge of customer fulfillment and/or manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor's degree in an area such as Operation Research, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering
- Excellent knowledge of R and Python.
- Familiar with Oracle and/or any AWS products (Redshift, EMR, etc.)
- Familiar with Overall Equipment Effectiveness and the metrics used to evaluate the performance of new technologies.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top