Innovation & Simulation Engineer
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is seeking a Innovation & Design Engineer specialization in process simulation model/analysis for our World Wide Design & Innovation Engineering Team. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
- Build , simulate, and optimize the fulfillment center operational process flow models using FlexSim or any other simulation software packages
- Understand process flows and effectively represent in simulation model to achieve better correlation.
- Design, build, and improve order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the large-scale supply chain network.
- Provide technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects using MS Excel, AutoCAD, and MS Projects.
- Work with complex MHE and packaging lines and process design based on Lean Manufacturing.
- Lead and coordinate design efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions for the network, including equipment specification, material flow, process design, and site layout.
- Deliver results according to project schedules and quality
- Inspect facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures relating to material handling, processing and storage.
- Provide leadership and coordination between internal departments and vendors for multiple sites.
- Develop design solutions to the best-in-class process flow to improve the throughput of the fulfillment facilities
- Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.Facilitate process improvement initiatives among site operations, engineering, and corporate systems groups.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (any field), Operations, Business Administration, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of Simulation Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, or related
- Experience must involve technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects
- Experience with complex MHE and packaging lines or process design based on Lean Manufacturing or Toyota Manufacturing System
- Experience using MS Excel, and MS Project, and CAD software (AutoCAD)
- Experience using building process models using FlexSim or other software packages
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time to installation sites throughout the United States
- Master's degree in Engineering (any field), Operations, Business Administration, or a related and at least one year of simulation experience using FlexSim.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top