Injury Prevention Specialist
Amazon is looking for health and safety professionals with a background in Athletic Training (ATC) to help support Amazon's injury prevention program. In this position, you will be a part of the onsite Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Team and will perform both injury prevention and injury management (first aid) activities. This position will work in an Amazon Fulfillment Center and report directly to the Site Safety Manager.
The Injury Prevention Specialist will be expected to proactively analyze tasks for potential ergonomic and safety issues, perform biomechanical and ergonomic assessments, provide first aid care to injured employees, and execute other Amazon injury prevention activities. The IPS will provide conservative care to injury Associates, but also observe Associates performing their job task and educate them on ways to perform their tasks effectively with less stress to the irritated body part. Onsite IPSs will proactively observe ergonomic practices and educate associates to improve technique prior to the onset of soreness or injury.
- Provide triage, first aid and/ or referral to outside medical provider, if indicated.
- Maintain records of first aid care provided to associates.
- Minimize the risk of injury of employees through awareness, education and intervention.
- Attend and participate at "start-up" meetings to lead daily stretching routines.
- Understand and learn each department and communicate the proper techniques on how to prevent soft tissue injuries.
- Evaluate trends in soft tissue injuries and develop action items to address injury trends.
- Provide daily activity logs to the safety team and senior leadership team. Provide analysis of all onsite incidents on a monthly basis including recommendations on how to reduce the risk and severity of injuries within the warehouse.
- Provide accommodation recommendations related to job placement for all employees on restrictions given by a medical provider.
- Understand and learn each department and job function within the warehouse to fully understand the body mechanics involved in every task. Be actively involved with improvements to the standard work process.
- Frequent "floor time" to interact with both associates and managers, providing coaching on observed at-risk work habits. Attend and speak at daily "start-up" meetings.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Success as an IPS will require a positive, outgoing, energetic work style.
- Ability to communicate programs and initiatives at all levels of the organization.
- Must be a Certified Athletic Trainer, by either the National Athletic Trainers' Association or equivalent State Certification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a CPR course at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- Associate will be required to maintain all medical credentials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience in an occupational setting.
- Certified to Teach First Aid, CPR, AED training.
- Experience with an industrial wellness program.
- Experience working with Worker's Compensation.
- Experience leading / managing a team.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top