Infrastructure Planning Manager -AWS Ground Station
- Herndon, VA
Does being a part of the ongoing innovations in space-earth communications excite you? How about learning how to integrate these capabilities with the cloud? The Amazon Web Services Ground Station Infrastructure Planning Team is continuously evaluating, analyzing, designing, optimizing and launching new ground station products and deployments around the world to provide highly reliable, scalable, low-cost services to our Ground Station customers. Our team is seeking talented, bright, and driven people who want to learn quickly, adapt to changing customer demands and innovate solutions. If you enjoy innovating new solutions and want to help define and advance our ground segment infrastructure products to reduce cost, improve designs, optimize deployment methodologies and drive process efficiencies, we'd like to speak with you. Ideal candidates should have strong product management, program management and communications skills. Experience planning and executing ground station deployments would be a big bonus!
Our team is part of the AWS Infrastructure Strategy and Planning team which defines the launch and build strategy for new infrastructure deployments, worldwide. Our team is constantly evaluating opportunities to reduce cost, improve performance, expedite delivery and optimize our processes and controls to deliver the best product and experience for our customers. This role is responsible for developing our product development roadmap, integrating and soliciting new requirements, documenting engineering and design standards, building our short and long range supply plans, managing our P&Ls and budgets and reporting on our portfolio. We expect the candidate to drive innovation into our Ground Station programs to reduce cost, improve efficiencies and deliver at scale. The candidate will also be responsible for developing mechanisms, processes and workflows that allow us to continuously improve our velocity, flexibility and cost efficiency. You will also aggregate and perform knowledge management functions over technical design constraints, delivery schedules, cost drivers and service level agreement (SLA) definitions to inform our stakeholders. As the lead Ground Station Infrastructure Technical Product Manager, you will be at the forefront of developing new solutions to facilitate growth in our business.
This is a great chance to learn how AWS designs, builds, launches and operates its Ground Station service as well as our worldwide AWS infrastructure while leveraging your technical product and program management experience to drive innovation through continuous process improvement and the design of new offerings. This position will routinely be called upon to brief senior leadership at the director, VP and SVP levels on program status and will be an integral part in our short and long term growth strategies.
In this position, you will work across teams to gain alignment, develop, and execute a common plan across multiple stakeholders. This requires working effectively with global business owners at all levels in sales, services teams, public policy, infrastructure, networking and other AWS and Amazon teams to ensure the delivery and execution of projects. Cross-team coordination, project management, and excellent communication skills are essential.
• Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years' experience in IT-related product development.
• Experience creating and managing profit and loss (P&L) statements.
• Experience building short and long range plans of record inclusive of schedule and budget.
• Experience bringing new products to market.
• MS, MBA, JD, or other advanced degree
• Experience developing new ground station products or services.
• Comfort and experience with cross-organizational communication; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with the product management lifecycle: gathering requirements/customer inputs, design, engineering, implementation, and optimization.
• Proven experience in prioritizing and managing large scale enterprise projects using project management tools
• Demonstrated ability to learn and master new technical subject-matter, quickly
• Can independently identify down-stream programmatic and technical risks/opportunities (i.e. system incompatibility, resource unavailability) and escalate them to the appropriate tech resource before they become project threatening.
• Hands-on experience in an engineering role (e.g. Electrical/Mechanical Engineer, SW developer, NW engineer, Systems Engineer)
• Experience briefing and influencing leaders at or above the VP level
• Experience working with international teams
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top