Infrastructure Planning Manager
- Hermiston, OR
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a fast paced technology company and a leader in the world of data centers. We are currently expanding our infrastructure management team within Amazon Web Services and are looking for a proven technology manager with experience in people management, robust technical understanding and the drive and vision to take AWS Data Center Operations to the next level.
The successful candidate for this role will create sustainable processes and standards; and drive automation opportunities to reduce delivery cycle times and to improve quality without impacting network availability.
The mission of the team is to deliver network capacity on time with zero rework. The PIC Manager will manage the implementation and delivery of inbound capacity and equipment. This manager will be responsible for a growing a team and will oversee their development and growth. The successful candidate will have experience managing and mentoring people, tracking budgets, providing strategic direction and proposing technical solutions. This manager will ultimately be responsible for installing and delivering our network equipment and related infrastructures, as well as responsible for driving low voltage structured cabling across the Amazon data center platform.
Some high level responsibilities include:
• Prioritize and assign tasks to data center technicians and operators, project management, coaching and creating documentation.
• Manage inbound capacity from receiving through deployment stages
• Manage the installation network and cabling infrastructure in a data center environment
• Guide, train and educate staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues
• Manage tasks and deliverables across small to large-size projects
• Recommend, document, and oversee policies and procedures to meet industry best practices and to meet required SLAs
• Provide weekly report to the data center manager
• Coordinate team resources to support project and delivery needs, to include emergency projects, change management and maintenance window support, and potential off-hours and on-call needs.
• Recruit and train data technicians to ensure appropriate staffing levels
• Host weekly staff meetings
• Drive compliance to Amazon performance management requirements
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3+ years of experience in a data center technology role
• 5+ years of experience in management/team lead function
• 3 + years of TCP/IP networking knowledge
• 3 + years of knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment
• 6+ years in a data center technology role
• Experience with building physical data center such as copper/fiber cabling
• Experience developing operational metrics to drive efficiencies
• Experience representing your team/technical area to senior management
• Experience in contributing to the definition and implementation of automation opportunities within an deployment/build environment
• Experience with lean methodologies and Six-Sigma or similar qualification
• Organizational and planning skills
• Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies installation and design
• Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top