Infra Business Development
- Shanghai, China
We are looking for the most talented and driven individuals to join our team. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and unquestioned global leader in cloud computing. As such, it depends on its Infrastructure team to shape the technical, operational and business direction. Through its industry leading position, AWS enables the most important technology platforms in Greater China, and we are looking for a select number of Infrastructure leaders to join our team and shape the industry.
As a Business Developer, you will have the exciting opportunity to enable the growth and shape the future of the Amazon Web Services ("AWS") infrastructure in Greater China, from data centers to power to fiber to transit. The ideal candidate has both a business and technical background that enables him or her to successfully drive strategic engagements and negotiations at the CXO/VP level, while also interacting with data center and network engineers. He/she should have experience engaging with decision-makers within government agencies and state-owned enterprises. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to negotiate multi-million dollar contracts from a business and technical perspective.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall Infrastructure strategy.
• Understand the infrastructure market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
• Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with Infrastructures strategic direction.
• Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product teams, Networking, Data Center Engineering, legal, tax, etc.).
• Manage complex contract negotiations, both from a business and technical perspective.
• Understand the technical requirements of our engineering teams to help solve their requirements as well as the business objectives.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks.
• Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
• Familiarity with Lease and Real Estate acquisition is considered an advantage.
• Handle ad-hoc incoming inquiries and qualify them as potential vendors or partners.
The location is open for Great China region including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, etc.
• The right person will have demonstrated experience in highly technical fields in Greater China, possess 5-10 years of business negotiations and partner/business development and/or program/product management experience.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both Chinese and English are a must to engage stakeholders within Greater China as well as across our global teams.
• The demonstrated ability to work effectively and influence decisions across internal and external organizations.
• Demonstrated success and contacts in cloud computing infrastructure fields, including: data center and collocation negotiation, land and real estate negotiations, and fiber and transit negotiations
• Technical degree
• MBA or other business or finance-related degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top