Industry WW GTM Specialist- IoT (Auto/Connected Vehicles)
- Bucharest, Romania
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our computing services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in manufacturing, energy, automotive, pharmaceuticals, technology and financial services. AWS customers are now looking to IoT services to digitally transform their businesses, develop new business models and solve complex business challenges. There are billions of devices in homes, factories, oil wells, hospitals, cars, and thousands of other places. With this proliferation of devices, customers increasingly need end-to-end solutions to connect them, and securely collect, inexpensively store, and effectively analyze device data to generate meaningful insights to transform their businesses. AWS IoT provides broad and deep functionality, spanning the edge to the cloud, to enable customers to build IoT solutions for virtually any use case.
AWS is seeking Principal IoT Specialists to drive the go-to-market (GTM) for AWS IoT across key industries and verticals world-wide (WW). If you have the right blend of passion for technology and IoT, enthusiasm to drive digital transformation, aptitude for customer advocacy, keen intellectual curiosity, and a penchant for creative problem solving, you could be a great fit for a role on the AWS IoT WW Specialist Team. The ideal candidate will have a business and strategic background that enables them to deeply understand customer problems and challenges, drive a customer engagement from start to finish, and interact at both the executive level and with engineering leaders at our customers, as well as sufficient technical background to work with both our engineering teams and with customers in building solutions with our tools. An understanding of key IoT concepts and technologies, including at the edge is preferred. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus within AWS and within customer organizations. Good business judgement, and a keen sense of ownership, drive, tenacity and scrappiness are a must.
We are looking for candidates with a blend of business, technical, IoT, and digital transformation experience in Automotive / Connected Vehicles, including in-vehicle electronics, vehicle to cloud connectivity and AI/ML services.
As an AWS IoT WW Industry Specialist, your responsibilities will focus on the following key deliverables -
• Develop and execute a GTM plan, including industry focused GTM campaigns, that grows the market for, and drives the adoption of, AWS IoT in your target industry/vertical
• Working with our Solution Architects, develop reference architectures and sales playbooks focused on how AWS IoT solutions will solve key business challenges for your target industry/vertical
• Develop effective working relationships with Industry Specialists and Sales teams across AWS
• Determine customer segmentation for AWS IoT solutions for your target industry/vertical and engage key customers directly, and through others on the wider IoT team
• Work closely with AWS field sales to position AWS IoT for customers in your target industry/vertical, and ensure field readiness by providing guidance, content, and sales plays to support the value proposition and benefit customers can achieve with our IoT solutions, services, and cloud & edge infrastructure
• Engage in senior level customer meetings to discuss the customer's business issues and explore how AWS IoT can help address and resolve these issues
• Work with the AWS Partner team, to build an ecosystem of partners that deliver industry specific IoT solutions, built on AWS IoT, and ensure partner readiness
• Serve as an evangelist for the AWS IoT within AWS, and externally
• Become known as a valued strategic advisor for all IoT stakeholders within and outside AWS - top customers and partners, AWS sales, other AWS Industry & GTM Specialists, AWS IoT product & engineering, AWS Partner team, AWS Marketing - to build collective mindshare and momentum for AWS IoT in your target industry
• Synthesize data and information gathered from customer and partner engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including to AWS senior management
• 10+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
• 10+ years experience with leading strategic Go-To-Market activities for Products and Solutions for business customers, world-wide
• 10+ years experience in enterprise-level selling of complex solutions, outsourced/managed services, or digital transformation services, preferably cloud/edge, or hosted/managed services in the technology industry
• 3+ years of selling into or partnering with the Automotive / Connected Vehicles Industry
• Solid enterprise negotiation skills, business and financial acumen
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insights to drive customer adoption, and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well innate leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units, internally and at customers, to achieve results
• Ability to prepare and give business reviews to the senior management teams at AWS and customers
• Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to create appropriate action plans for those goals
• Meticulous attention to detail; ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• Excellent business judgement, and the demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• A deep understanding of key IoT concepts and technologies
• Experience with cloud technologies
• Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI/ML)
• Experience building Go-To-Market (GTM) plans that scale across an organization
• Experience with sales enablement activities
The ideal candidate will have a business and strategic background that enables them to deeply understand customer problems and challenges, drive a customer engagement from start to finish, and interact at both the executive level and with engineering leaders at our customers, as well as sufficient technical background to work with both, our engineering teams to improve our products, and with our customers to build solutions with our tools.
BS/BA plus MBA, or equivalent relevant business experience.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top