Industry Specialist, Fraud, Piracy & Abuse
- Seattle, WA
Come build the future of entertainment with us. Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
The Prime Video Security team is responsible for securing Prime Video customer data, services and digital content, and support the business in providing the highest levels of customer and content provider (Studio) trust. The Fraud, Piracy & Abuse function within Prime Video Security works closely with other functions within Prime Video Security and internal/external partners such as Amazon Studios Amazon Legal, and Studios, to prevent, detect, contain, investigate, manage incidents and improve controls involving piracy, infringement, theft-of-service, and financial fraud involving both Amazon and 3rd party digital video content.
Prime Video Security is seeking an experienced Industry Specialist to perform duties pertaining to the development, implementation, operations and ongoing improvement of the Fraud, Piracy & Abuse function's capabilities, including performing analysis and investigations; exercising sound judgment, analytical skills, and emotional intelligence, including in time-sensitive or while in pressure situations; leading and participating in projects and program management; preparing detailed metrics, documentation and reporting; working independently or as part of internal/external global cross-functional teams; and, embodying Amazon's Leadership Principles. You will have the opportunity to influence the strategy and roadmap of the function and be a foundational member of the team. This is a senior individual-contributor role with global responsibilities and you will report to Prime Video Security's Head of Fraud, Piracy & Abuse.
• Proven experience and success involving prevention, detection, investigation, containment, and management of fraud, piracy and abuse in the context of working for a studio, cable TV provider, streaming service provider, digital media provider, or industry group or association.
• Advance collaboration and communication skills, including demonstrated success working in a multi-national company with federated security responsibilities and in conjunction with corporate functions and internal business partners
• Experience evaluating, proposing, implementing, operating, tuning, technical tools pertaining to the prevention, detection, investigation, containment, measuring and reporting of fraud, piracy and abuse
• Experience in assessing, developing, implementing, operating, monitoring and overseeing security controls pertaining to fraud, piracy and abuse
• Experience identifying and quantifying piracy, fraud and abuse issues and risks, and developing and driving mitigation plans
• Previous audit, analyst and/or investigative experience
• Proven success working for a multi-national studio or OTT/streaming service provider, in a senior fraud, piracy and abuse role
• Demonstrated accomplishments in driving significant improvements pertaining to piracy, fraud, and abuse in a large-scale multi-national company
• Knowledge or evidence of the ability to acquire knowledge of device security and Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology
• Knowledge and/or experience of authentication, authorization, web and network protocols, application security
• Product and Project Management experience, skills and certification
Security and Fraud certifications such as CISSP, ACFE
• Experience working with industry groups/associations focused on fraud, piracy and abuse such as ACE, MPAA, and RIAA
• Previous law enforcement/investigative experience pertaining to fraud, piracy and abuse.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top